Help Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belce

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
My post count here is soon going to exceed my actual dive numbers and was wondering how best to deal with agruments against my point that highlight the fact I post more than I dive.

Any help would be apperciated...

Well,,,,,,

You could stop posting.

You could select the option that hides your post count from others.

You could select the option that hides your dive count from others.

You could pick the "I'm a fish" option for dive count.

You could lie about the number of dives you have.

Or, best option of all, you could use it as an excuse to get out and go diving!!!

My post count here is soon going to exceed my actual dive numbers and was wondering how best to deal with agruments against my point that highlight the fact I post more than I dive.

Sweetie, the simple fact is that you live in freaking frozen land..... I can walk out my door every morning of the year and dive with only light exposure protection. Maybe you can't and that can cause a low dive count for a while. I also own a dive shop. I am in gear for work Every day almost.... Adds up.

So, here's My suggestions.

1. Move where the warm is and open your own dive shop so you have an excuse to be a dive bum.

2. Don't worry about it. Who cares. If you can't be diving on a given day, talking about diving is pretty damn good.:D

And one last option, go right on posting and realize that post count vs. dive count doesn't really mean jack- it's perfectly OK to come on SB and discuss diving with other folks that like to dive and talk about diving all you want.

In fact sometimes you can even meet new dive buddies and make some friends here along the way. And MAYBE even learn a few things that help make you a better diver, I know it's a rare day on SB when I don't pick up a new bit of information!

Count all the post as dives. It is the same, the keyboard sounds like the reef crackling to me. The glow of the screen is as if the sun is shining down on me through the kelp.

Just wait until they get a housing for a mac book pro....Problem solved

Number of my posts exceeds number of dives I did so far. I don't really care to tell you the truth. Never even thought of it being a problem, so why start now. Let me tell you for every person like you and me, there will be a person that has 100's of dives, but their experience and knowledge is worth squat, their suggestions and the way that they think things should be done are incorrect, and according to them, if you don't so it their way, you will die.

I will keep my post count up and go diving when I can. I know my post count will be higher then my dive count for a long time. Seeing how we live where we do, doesn't surprise me one bit (not that there aren't people that live in Vancouver area, that dive every day)

My post count here is soon going to exceed my actual dive numbers and was wondering how best to deal with arguments against my point that highlight the fact I post more than I dive.

Post your question here...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/278275-survival-kit-basic-divers-sb.html

Soon, you'll have plenty of answers from divers in the same predicament! I guarantee it!
(By the way, I corrected your spelling of "arguments" free of charge :D )

I was recently told I was a cyber diver because my post count exceeds my logged dives. I really don't care, it was a stupid statement. Dive as often as you can, enjoy your life and continue posting. Anyone who posts much at all and keeps it up will eventually be in the same situation. It's a non-issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom