Accommodation near Exotic Island Divers, Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nishan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Would anyone have any recommendations for decent accommodation close to Exotic Island Dive Center in Malapascua? A group of us will be staying at Exotic from April 13th to 18th. A friend of mine is trying to join us but Exotic has no more rooms left. Trying to find a place close by where he can stay and join us for the dives at Exotic. He doesnt need anything fancy as long as its clean and the plumbing works.

Thanks,

Nishan

Hi Nishan

There is accommodation 5 mins away with the Italian that has the restaurant there. Security is good and rooms are good quality with aircon.

Contact Divelink Cebu for info.

Regards

WWD

Thanks!

Exotic mentioned Dano Resort but said the rooms are not the same quality as theirs. I have got a number for Dano but no email but my friend was going to try calling them to check on rooms. I guess its a busy period a week after Easter. Just need something clean and close to Exotic as he is hoping to dive with us at Exotic. I found that same map so will check on the ones nearby on Bounty Beach.

Nishan,

You can stay at Bantigue Cove. Its 5 mins away by boat or bike from Exotic. Its clean and staff are very friendly. Just got back from Malapascua 5 days ago and I would never, ever dive or stay with Exotic. We made the mistake of doing a day trip with them to Gato Island. Dive master was inexperienced and did not pay any attention to divers needs. Also do not take packed lunch from Exotic. Even the fish wont eat it! When we complained to Exotic abt their divemaster, they turned around and told us it was not possible as they are the best. Also, refused to refund us for the disgusting sandwich they gave us. Fun and Surf and Dan's are much better dive operations.

Trip was great! Just posted a report and a few pictures on SB. With regard to Exotic, I have mixed emotions. I found the management (expatriates) a bit stiff and ready to charge you for everything. We spent a week at Peters Dive Resort in Southern Leyte before going to Malapascua and Exotic was more expensive but had rooms of a lesser quality and the food was not great. And never book bed and breakfast as we did (or half or full board) as its cheaper to order from the menu. But the local staff were great and made us feel at home. It made up for the other issues and we were sad to leave. Our DM's Toto and Ray were also nice and tried to be flexible with our needs.

Trip report at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/283458-philippines-trip-report-april-2009-part-1-a.html

NISHAN, so why dont you ask in MIKE & DIOSES BEACHCOTTAGE and that is also AABANA BEACH- and WATERSPORT RESORT. They are only 100 meters beside EXOTIC on the main beach and have one of the most beautiful cottages of the island. Mike is an excellent host, but they dont have restaurant yet. the super breakfast will be served on your own terrace. Aircon cottage class de luxe (Sat tv, ref, hot water shower, big terrace) is only 1800 as far as i know. but electricity is extra pay. the email is office@malapascua-island.com

Back
Top Bottom