Spearfishing Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nestleb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just wondering what gloves you guys are using to spearfish up here. I am buying a gun soon and plan on trying my hand at sockeye and silvers in my local streams this year. I normally dive with 7mm Deepsea gloves or 3 finger mitts. I am thinking the
7mm gloves may be to thick to operate the gun easily. My hands dont get cold very easy but I like the heavier gloves. Does anyone make a 7mm glove with a thinner trigger finger?

Thanks for your help,
Justin

For spearfishing, I recently bought a pair of the xs scuba 'dry five' gloves. Its a 5mm that fits really snug and doesn't allow a whole lot of water movement. There are some other manufacturers that make similar models. I like them and they keep my hands warm enough during the spearfishing I do here in may. Not as warm as my drygloves but I prefer to spearfish with the neoprene.

Thanks for the come back I'll check them out.

Justin

Nestleb you might want to read the AK fishing regs, spearfishing for Salmon is not allowed.

I have read them and verified them with the department. Its only legal if you are completely underwater when you shoot them. It may be different in other areas. Thanks for the heads up anyway. Even though it is legal I have never shot a spear gun before so there is a good chance they wont be in any danger!

Justin

only spearfishing for salmon in saltwater is allowed check double check and ask 3 people at fish and game and by the time u r done u will be confused and then u will relize u must be completly submersed in saltwater to shot a salmon with a gun

I dive with the dry fives, but there's a couple things I wish I'd known before getting them. They fit very tight, so make sure that you try them on and get the largest ones that are still snug. They're also very difficult to get off once your hands are cold, but pull only on the outer layer of neoprene. The inner seal will tear.

Back
Top Bottom