Airline theft, ONLY Continental Airline.. I don't think so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Another report about an airline theft...

This is Only to Continental Airline????

I don't think so

Believe it or not, an airline theft is more common to an international travelers. A theft knows that they won't come back and are sick of English.

As I recall, there was a regular baggage theft from TSA staff in Miami a couple of years ago....

Check out this link

Happened to me on American Airlines on the way home from St. Maarten, via San Juan - lost regs, lights and knives.

My gear was dry and packed in my dive bag, and I was leaving on a business trip the next am, so I tossed the bag, still packed, into the basement.

Went through it when I got home a week later to find the gear missing.

Long story short is that since I didn't report it within 24 hrs of flying, I was SOL.

They said anything could have happened since it was out of my direct control, or something like that.

Funny guys, those house robbers, breaking into my house, going into my basement, unpacking my bag and out of the only house taking some scuba gear. Guess they don't like jewellry and stereos anymore........:wink:

This is why I pack my dive gear in an ugly old suitcase now......

I read on the news that some double amputee who checked both of his prostheses at the airline had them stolen. Cost the poor man an arm and a leg.

I read on the news that some double amputee who checked both of his prostheses at the airline had them stolen. Cost the poor man an arm and a leg.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Thanks NudeDiver! I'm having a tough day and that cheered me right up!

Of course, it is the news.
People steal from other people. People kill others. But, it is the news.

I have another news. A package theft at the post office is another one.

Man... it is so sad..... Poor guy!!!

Of course, it is the news.
People steal from other people. People kill others. But, it is the news.
I didn't ask him if it was THE news. I asked him if it was NEWS TO HIM that such activity occurs. Big difference.

Here's more news: Water is wet! Film at 11.

I didn't ask him if it was THE news. I asked him if it was NEWS TO HIM that such activity occurs. Big difference.

Yeah... It was news to me (OP) because I thought that they are all airline companies' employees (who can I trust) but I found out that they are all sub-contractors to the airline companies. So, it might be out of control issue to each airline companies.

Well... as you may heard, there are over thousand claims every year, so ~~~~

Yeah... It was news to me (OP) because I thought that they are all airline companies' employees (who can I trust)
Wait wait wait a minute. Why would you automatically think you can trust airline employees?

but I found out that they are all sub-contractors to the airline companies.
...and why would you think that sub-contractor employees are automatically less trustworthy?

By the way - not all baggage handlers are subcontractees - some are airline employees.

Ha Ha -- good one!

There's an old saying that there are only 2 types of luggage; carry on and lost. Obviously its not practical in most cases to carry on dive gear.

I almost never check luggage, but a month or so ago I did because at this particular airport (San Jose, in Costa Rica) they do a 2ndary screening at the gate; real Pain in the a__ and they took my cell phone between there and Miami (I know, I know, I should have carried that on).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom