New S-Series Wings - Shipping Now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hollis Gear Nick

Contributor
Reaction score
picshow3.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Pleased to announce that our new single tank wings are now shipping. These are similar to our original S-Series but with added cam slots and a removable tank cradle. This means when using with your backplate/harness you can say goodbye to the single tank adapter.

These wings carry the same bulletproof construction as before. On the inside is a rugged 420 nylon bladder - standard on many high end bcds. And on the outside is a heavy duty protective layer of 1600 denier Cordura. When packing light is important for those single tank destinations, don't forget the new Hollis S Series wing.

Available in 25 & 38 lbs lift capacities - (208.1251.025 - S25 / 208.1251.038 - S38) and they retail for $310.

To visit the nearest Hollis dealer to your location please check our website here - Where To Buy Hollis Gear

Best Regards,

Nick can these be used with the DiveRite "Transpac", i really like this wing but i have a new transpac and was wondering if it works with it, if so do i need anything else to make it work? thanks.

Nick

I've got a few questions before I make my purchase. What is a tank cradle and how does it eliminate the need for the STA? Is it just as stable as the STA or just more convenient?

Also, What's the weight of the Aluminum and the SS plates?

Other than the plate, wing and standard Hog harness; is there anything else that I would need to purchase to make this a complete setup ready to dive??

Thanks

Jon

Nick

I've got a few questions before I make my purchase. What is a tank cradle and how does it eliminate the need for the STA? Is it just as stable as the STA or just more convenient?

Also, What's the weight of the Aluminum and the SS plates?

Other than the plate, wing and standard Hog harness; is there anything else that I would need to purchase to make this a complete setup ready to dive??

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your questions.

The removable tank cradle is the channel in the middle of the wing in which the tank sits when strapped down. By adding this cradle and cam slots onto our single wings, this design eliminates the need for a single tank adapter. It reduces extra gear and weight when traveling and makes for a more low profile, streamlined rig all together. All that said, the sta DOES have its advantages, especially when switching between singles or doubles.

The weight of our aluminum plate is 2lbs vs. 6lbs on the stainless version.

In addition to the items you mentioned, you would also need to cam bands, but that is it!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks Nick...much appreciated. I guess I will go for the 25# wing, w/SS, no STA, 2 cam-bands, standard harness and a plate pad. I can't wait to dive it! Saw it at TDEX last month here in Thailand and will stop by and discuss with Anaund this week.

Jon

Thanks Nick...much appreciated. I guess I will go for the 25# wing, w/SS, no STA, 2 cam-bands, standard harness and a plate pad. I can't wait to dive it! Saw it at TDEX last month here in Thailand and will stop by and discuss with Anaund this week.

Jon

Jon,

Good Choice - You will really enjoy this system.

Although we started shipping the S25/S38 new version 60 days ago, there are still some old versions floating around - Be sure to check otherwise you will need an STA.

Thanks for your questions and interest in our line. Let us know how you like it!

My wife and I are starting to cross over into the tech diving world and I have a question on diving this new S25 with the new HTS2 harness system. This configuration seems to be the holy grail in starting into tech diving and then moving on to doubles as we progress.

1. Does the soft pack of the HTS2 fitted with the new S25 wing (sans the STA) for a single tank configuration provide adequate support without a backplate when diving cold or tropical? or would you suggest throwing on a back plate for decent support?

2. Weight integration with HTS2, does the HTS2 come with weight pockets or is that to be purchased seperately and can you add non-dumpable trim/back weight?

much obliged,

Koos

Nick...I think whatever I need I'll have to order anyway. :)

Back
Top Bottom