WTB L xshorts (or 2 pockets)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stas

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to buy a set of large x-shorts or 2 glue on pockets. Anybody have something?
Stas

I have a wetsuit that I need to put two bellows pockets onto or I need a pair of Xshorts, which ever option is cheaper
Stas

The cheapest pockets I know of new are the ones sold by Fifth Dimension here in Seattle, which are $30 apiece. X-shorts are $79 at the Dive X-tras e-bay store, so it's just about a wash. But the pockets on the new X-shorts (which are what's for sale in the store) don't peel or tear off, which is better than I did with my glued-on pockets. I'd go for the x-shorts.

looked at at the size charts. I catually need XL xshorts. Older style is fine.
Stas

My 18 month old pair of X-shorts were used once and the pockets tore apart. Both sides. Not separating from the neoprene shorts but the seams and fabric on both pockets just came apart. It appears that they used some weak fabric, perhaps a polypropylene, with poor coating and poor stitching. The quality is not what I would expect from a tech supplier. I will use drysuit pockets properly installed in the future.

I got two bellows pockets sewn/glued onto my wetsuit by Chris at Terrapin Wetsuits in Texas. She was great to work with and the pockets work great. The even have a d-ring inside.They match my TLS350 drysuit pockets in size and location so muscle memory transfers whether wet or dry diving. Check this link:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/te...79345-wetsuit-drysuit-pocket-questions-2.html

Total cost was $83 for two pockets. My shorty is on the way to her now for pockets.

The original x-shorts had production problems, and the stitching/fabric did fail. They redesigned them, and the ones for sale on the Dive X-tras store are the new ones. They don't fall apart.

The original x-shorts had production problems, and the stitching/fabric did fail. They redesigned them, and the ones for sale on the Dive X-tras store are the new ones. They don't fall apart.

I am using the 'new' X-Shorts and they are wonderful. I have used them for more than 30 dives and have not had any problems. They are always full of items. I have not experienced any ripping, tearing, stretching, or any other failure. FYI, these were purchased from the Dive X-tras e-bay store.

--
Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom