Looking for dive locations close to Jacksonville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mparr

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good afternoon,

I am looking for dive locations that are close to Jacksonville, FL. We will be taking 3 divers and 1 snorkeler and we are looking for something we can do as a day trip. Anything within a few hours is acceptable.

We have already done Blue Grotto, Rainbow River, and Ginnie Springs.

We were all set to go check out Troy springs tomorrow but with all of the rain the spring is brown from the Suwannee River. We are now looking for plan B.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Matt

Most of the springs in the area will be brown.

As OW divers, you can check out Manatee Springs, but you won't be able to bring lights. It should be OK for the immediate future.

Thanks very much for the suggestion. We did end up diving Manatee as my dive shop suggested that as well. We had a good time. Manatee is more of a cave location but was still neat to check out catfish (looking up and seeing the top covered by duckweed was neat) and as a new diver I'm jumping at any new place to check out and get some practice in.

Anyone else have other suggestions for places to check out?

Matt

Check out Alexander Springs, its a very pretty OW basin, spring dive. Its probably not been affected by the recent rains. It'll be in Ocala National Park.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom