PCa lite question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a brand new PCa lite which is not working. I can't determine the problem.

Total use to this point was turning it on once before the trip, then turning it on, and after about 90 seconds noticing that it had gone off. It hasn't come on since.

The contact wire is in the right place. Screws feel tight. Bulb filament appears good under magnification. I don't know how to take the bulb out. Contacts seem to be good.

Suggestions?

Sorry to hear of your trouble with the PCa light! Some things you might look at:

- The light is not intended for use with lithium ion batteries. These batteries may cause premature bulb failure.
- Check with a set of fresh alkaline or NiMH batteries.
- Check that the switch contact did not come loose. With the light head removed, the metal contact should touch the long wire leg of the spring when the switch is rotated to the "on" position. The contact should move away from the wire when rotated "off".
- If the contacts in the battery plates look like they've flattened some, you could try spreading them away from the plates some to give better contact with the batteries.

If none of these suggestions help, please either send the light back to us or contact the office 317-923-4523 about a replacement bulb.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom