The Lillie Parsons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice shots. Diving the Parsons two years ago was my first experience with current, so I didn't take a camera. Definately a nice dive, though. Dare I ask the water temperature?

Very nice shots. Diving the Parsons two years ago was my first experience with current, so I didn't take a camera. Definately a nice dive, though. Dare I ask the water temperature?

There's ice on the river at this time of year, they use an icebreaker to keep the shipping lanes open over the winter. One outfit uses hovercraft do do the wrecks as ice dives. So... Quite cold right now. But if you come on up in July or August, water temperatures hit the high seventies, and it's the same temperature from surface to bottom, no thermoclines.

Roy does get some good shots. I think #2 and #11 capture the feeling of the wreck nicely.

I don't know about the St Lawrence right now, but Georgian Bay at Wiarton was 33 F on Sunday.

Brrrrrr. I was there in August of 2007 and you are right, the water temps were great, top to bottom. I don't know, something about having to saw my way in before diving just doesn't sound right.......

Thank you for the positive comments to all, water temp was 38 degrees, ice has been off the river for a few weeks now but some bays or marinas may have a bit

I came up to the 1000 Islands last year and LOVE IT! The Lillie Parsons was definitely one of my highlights. I forgot my camera at the campsite that day though... Nice pics!

Back
Top Bottom