#6441.42 Filter on Inon UWL-100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

under water

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I know that your #6441.42 Tropical Blue Water filter works with your W-20 lens, but I have the Inon UWL-100 Type 2 lens for my Ikelite G9 housing with the short port.
A couple of questions.
1. Will the #6441.42 filter work with the Inon UWL-100 lens?
2. Which, in your opinion, is the better way to go. #6441.42 with Wide angle lens or #6441.41 with no wide angle?
Without the WA lens I will be shooting mostly close-up with strobe (DS-51 + YS90DX in slave mode), so filter will need to be removed. I will be shooting with strobe with WA as well, but can see turning them off for some WA shots.

Last edited:
The #6441.42 3.6" filter can be pushed onto the front of a UWL-100 lens. You may or may not need to remove the rubber front surround on the lens itself.

The filter would probably be most useful when used with the wide angle lens. For best results you would want to turn your strobes off and manually white balance the camera with the filter attached.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom