scuba Florida Panhandle springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krisscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone interested in diving the Flordia pan handle or the springs drop me a line.

Raining today. Plan to take the boat to the Mill ponds springs at Marriana as soon as it clears. Have not dove it yet, anyone have first have info?

Will hit Panama city Beach, st Andrews jetties as soon as tides and weather are right.

I live 6 miles from Vortex springs www.vortexspring.com 20 from Morrison.

Later

Kris

I know this isnt the reply you were looking for but i spent last weekend in Panama City totally excited about going to do my first salt water dive...got up at 5 on sunday morning drove to the dive shop got on the boat and threw up for about 6 hours on the boat... ( whats draminine?) anyway i wish i would have went to the vortex or anywhere else... tho the diving was fun...reguardless of being sick.. you really do live close to a paradise..

xtracheese4me,

Sorry to hear that.................you being in WI

In 2000 I went from Miami to Milwaukee for 10 months of work. I went from sandels and BBQing daily Lobster catch to wearing a dead animal on my head. It was the first time I saw dive shops selling chain saws.

Try and get ahold of Thomas Vinyard email thomasvman@hotmail.com I certfified him, Chad and Mark while there. We dove racine Quarry, Pearl Lake, and Wahazee lake. If you can talk them into coming down on a road trips, we'll do some diving. I am taking the boat to the mil pond in the morning to dive the springs along that run. When the weather clears I'll hit PCB jetties.

I woke up, took a shower and went out to my car, my hair felt funny, I reached up and it was frozen. that is when I decided that the best thing to come out of Milwaukee was I-65 South

Destin all the time.

See my avatar for "on what" :)

Come shoot some fishies with us any time.... we're blowing bubbles Sunday; the forecast is excellent.

Would love to dive with you, Probably not this weekend. Please give somr=e particulars, Money etc.

I need to get 7 tanks to hydro, do you have any recommendations

Tanks

Kris & Anna

Hi Kris and Anna....

Any time... we're out there virtually all the time - if the seas forecast is for 2' or less, and is confirmed by the Navy WAM model, we'll almost certainly be on the boat, either fishing or diving, depending on who wants to do what :)

For Hydros I'd go to the place in Ft. Walton that does them - its a hydro shop, NOT a dive shop. I don't recall the name offhand, but they'd be my first choice.

All a dive shop is going to do is send them out to one of those outfits anyway, and mark it up 200% or more.

genesis

Thanks, we will get togetther for diving.

Today we are taking the boat along Merritts Mill Pond to dive the srings on that run. I have not had a chance to check them out yet.

I have never taken tanks to a dive shop for hydro, try and steer clear of dive shops. I have a couple VIP certificatons from the 80's and I am a VIP instructor. If you need any tanks VIP'd

The last time that I had tanks ydro'd, I was paying $8 - $12 ea. I have 5 out of hydro and 2 more due at the end of the month. I always use fire safety type places. I have one in Panama City that charges $14. I called on in the book in Ft Walton, they wanted $20. If you could remember the name, T will give them a call.

What type of work do you do down there?

Tanks

Kris & Anna

headed out after the holiday for a short trip...

$14 is a good deal though - I don't know if they can beat that :)

I'm semi-retired; do some consulting work and political advocacy, and other than that, raise my kid full-time.... :)

We're headed out here to go fishing in a bit... enjoy the weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom