#100 coming up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I logged Dive #98 in the Philippines last month. Which means that the next time I get a chance to dive, I'll reach the Big 100.

I want to hear your stories about how you made your hundredth dive special. Yes, I know about the tradition about doing it nude. So tell me something else!

Well congrats :) Hope your 100th dive is a lot of fun.

I did my 100th dive Nov 21st last year. My only way of marking the occassion was that my buddy took a picture of me holding up a slate with 100 on it :rofl3:

3112242891_a6dd4b2748.jpg

Conditions were pretty good, was 16C (too cold for nudity) with at least 10m viz. It was a very shallow pier dive as we were practicing skills. Was better than my buddy's 100th I have to say, which he'd done a few weeks before. It was a night dive in zero viz with *very* strong surge and we got thrown onto a rock wall into some angry fishermen! In hindsight, should've skipped that dive.

Got my 200th coming up in a couple of months or so I imagine. I might try to do a more special dive for that. :)

I did my 100th dive while on a live aboard around San Slavador Island, Bahamas almost 2yrs ago. There was a really cool underwater monument to Christopher Columbus' landing in the New World. Hopefully I'll be doing my 300th dive next week in Malaysia!

Congratulations - My next dive is #100 :D!

Not sure what I'll do cause I think it will be cold water, but will be in the Philippines myself in 2 months & hope to celebrate in style there :D!!!

Mine was semi-uneventful (as far as the actual diving went) It was a nice reef dive off of Marathon, 101 was dive #2. I liked that my 100th dive was in the Keys since my FIRST dive was down there as well. What made it a little better was that the boat I went out with takes snorkelers out if they don't fill the boat with dvers, on this particular day there were some people from Brazil (Two guys and three girls) and they brought a couple bottles of champagne along (Moet and Chandon for those that care) And it was kind of cool to toast my 100th dive.

I logged Dive #98 in the Philippines last month. Which means that the next time I get a chance to dive, I'll reach the Big 100.

I want to hear your stories about how you made your hundredth dive special. Yes, I know about the tradition about doing it nude. So tell me something else!

best way to 'do it'-----find someone else making their 100th---& make it a twosome???.....

congrats, it'll probably feel like #98 except for the goose bumps allover....

EDIT: hey hey.....find kathydeee

I just did my 100th a few weeks ago, a night dive in Cozumel. This was my first trip to Coz, and the numbers just worked out that way. An awesome dive; saw a sea turtle and a bunch of other cool stuff. Another diver in our group got her 100th earlier in the trip (I can't remember which site). All in all, it was a great way to make the 100 dive milestone-much better than a cold lake in Maine. Dive 101 was on the C-53 the next morning.

I just did my 100th a few weeks ago, a night dive in Cozumel. This was my first trip to Coz, and the numbers just worked out that way. An awesome dive; saw a sea turtle and a bunch of other cool stuff. Another diver in our group got her 100th earlier in the trip (I can't remember which site). All in all, it was a great way to make the 100 dive milestone-much better than a cold lake in Maine. Dive 101 was on the C-53 the next morning.

By chance, were the sardines on the wreck??....Here's a pic from May '08(11 months ago) on the C 53, sardines GALORE.!!!
IMG_0904040-copy_edited-1.jpg
....lol...a few more pics of the C 53 @ this link below, click it..

UW PS Pics pictures by GEAUXtiger - Photobucket

Congratulations, Janet ... you were a beautiful diver at #50, I can only imagine that you're even better now.

Our local club has the "milestone diver" wear a tiara, with the requisite photos during the dive.

I'd say just dive with one or more friends, relax, enjoy the dive, and go have a nice post-dive celebration afterward.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I blew a tank o-ring at 60' on a night dive in high current. Some celebration that was!

Richard

Back
Top Bottom