Do You Like to Hook and Line Fish?

Do you Enjoy Hook and Line as much as UW Hunting?

• I don't like to hurt fish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Extreme-Dive-Drew

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thinking of putting together a hook and line fishing trip to our place in Panama, or perhaps even a combination fishing/spearfishing trip. It sounds like a dream to me but wanted to get your thoughts. Are any of you as crazy about hook and line fishing as you are about UW Hunting? As far as the type of fishing, we can do it all-offshore trolling for wahoo and tuna, bottom fishing for snapper and grouper, reef trolling for grouper...You name it.

Thanks,

Myself personally, I love underwater hunting. I just cannot get enough of it. I dont even eat that much fish. So my friends usually enjoy the fruits of my labor. But as long as its all consumed and not wasted it doesnt really matter. But I do love some pole fishing, I grew up pole fishing and will always love sitting there waiting for the bite. However, in FL pole fishing in the middle of the summer heat just doesnt appeal too much to me. The tempature gets so hot I enjoy the dip in the water.

I know what you mean about underwater hunting. I grew up hook and line fishing but as soon as I got certified, and got a speargun, I was hooked. In my mind nothing compares to spearfishing. Still, I do love catching them on hook and line, but, if I could only do one, it would be spearfishing.

being a little bit of a warm water wuss (low 60's in my limit), the whole grouper being easy to catch closer to shore thing during the winter keeps me fishing from the surface, but then as spring rolls on, you either gotta make a long trip to do the hook and line thing or jump in with a gun, or both! Given the choice, I'd take the gun, it's just more interesting. So the whole getting fish without being freezing thing sort of dictates what to do. You two above me are from the Tampa Bay area, I figure you know what I mean...

I know exactly what you mean. I was out in February when the water temp here barely made the 60's. Beyond being cold, it is such a hassle having to put on cold weather gear, and hoods always make me a little uncomfortable. It is so great in summer when you can just wear a pair of shorts! Love living in Florida!

I got the great experience of diving in some 55 degree water this past winter up a little north of Clearwater...It sucked...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom