Morrison and Vortex Report 4/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PensacolaNewbie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Stopped by Morrison on the way to Vortex, just to see what it looked like. Didn't get a chance. Got there about 10 this morning and the gate was locked and a no trespassing sign was posted. Parking lots were dry but that's about all we could tell.

I've only been to Vortex one time previously and it was a lot clearer today than it was then. Still, I expected it to be as clear as the last time I was at Morrison, and it wasn't.

On the first dive my buddy broke a fin strap. He tried to stick it out holding one fin and kicking with the other, but called it after 29 minutes. After lunch of PB&J and trail mix we went back in with his repaired strap and this time got 68 minutes. Most of it was practicing buoyancy control and getting eyeball to eyeball with the fish. It's amazing the way they get right up to the mask and show absolutely no fear.

Before we started the trip home, I had to introduce my buddy to Sally's and her sour cream and chive potatoes. A great way to spend the day.

Sounds like a good day, I'm surprised your buddy got 29 minutes with one fin! Glad you got some dives in.

Thanks for the report, always a good day at the springs! :D

Great report. Sour cream and chive fries with ranch cant be beat. Had some Thursday!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom