ike housing hairline crack what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-s

Reaction score
i have a ike cannon 40d housing, i have noticed a hairline crack coming from the bottom port clip which looks like it is traveling towards the corner of the housing
this is a major pain as i have a photo compitition which i have paid for comming up in 2.5 weeks and am afriad to use the housingin case it floods it is probably to late to do anything now as i am from australia and it would take to long.any help would be appreciated

Is the house new, or still under warranty?? I wonder if you could rent one while they look at it here? I know the Ikelite will respond to you here...

the housing is about 7-8 months old and i treated it with care ,i have a photo comp coming am afraid to use it ,just in case it floods am from australia so don't know how i can get it rectified in time:-(

There can be mold marks around the port locks from the way the material flows in the molding process. These marks don't affect the integrity of the housing. If you are confident that it is a crack, please do NOT dive with the housing. Pressure will most likely cause the crack to expand and let water into the housing. If you are unsure whether it is a crack or a mold mark, you can forward a picture to ikelite@ikelite.com and we can tell you.

I think it's possible that the housing could be repaired and returned to you in time for your competition. Send via a carrier such as DHL with the proper customs paperwork indicating return for a warranty repair by the original manufacturer. Include a note inside the box that states the date you need it back. We should be able to repair within 1-2 days and return via DHL.

I'm sorry for your trouble with the housing. Such a crack is not typical, and I appreciate the opportunity to correct it for you.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

am sending it back to where i purchased it and will tell them what you have said and will see how i go would love to have it back for the comp
steve:

well my cannon 40d housing is on its way to ikelite with 12-13 days to the photo comp,hopefully ikelite great after sales service reputation will come to the rescue so i can participate in the competition there help would be greatly appreciated
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom