Hollis F1 fin size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using this boot as my drysuit and my previous size of my fin was XXL and that was the scubapro jets. Should I get the same size or get the XL. My boot size is 10 but its really bulky and big.

Based on the boot that you presented, The XL will work fine. The Hollis has a much taller foot pocket to accommodate bulkier boots. I wear a size 9 Whites Evo 3 (http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?site=4&id=111&cid=481) with the regular size fin comfortably. Also, you are on the low side of the XL, so there will be plenty of space to accommodate your boot.

Personally, I think they are very conservative on their sizing. My regular size fin could easily accommodate a size 10 boot, and may even accommodate your boot. If you have the opportunity to try them both, I would. Your limitation is probably not gong to be the foot pocket, but the spring strap. If you are ordering them, then go with the XL.

Last edited:
Those boots are awesome...I wear them for work, but I go through them about every 3-4 months....

I would also recommend the XL. My boy has a pair of boots really close to OURS in a size 10... So, I put them in my XXL and there was a near drowning. :crafty:

Based on the boot that you presented, The XL will work fine. The Hollis has a much taller foot pocket to accommodate bulkier boots. I wear a size 9 Whites Evo 3 (http://www.whitesdiving.com/index.php?site=4&id=111&cid=481) with the regular size fin comfortably. Also, you are on the low side of the XL, so there will be plenty of space to accommodate your boot.

Personally, I think they are very conservative on their sizing. My regular size fin could easily accommodate a size 10 boot, and may even accommodate your boot. If you have the opportunity to try them both, I would. Your limitation is probably not gong to be the foot pocket, but the spring strap. If you are ordering them, then go with the XL.

I guess so, have to admit, the scubapro jet fin size are just horrible. I wear a 10 whites evolution boots and have to use a XXL fin size for the jet fins. If I dive warm water, I use a XL size jet fin for my henderson zipperless boots. I really hope it works out because I don't wanna buy an XXL fin, try it, doesn't work and have to return it back to the shop, its just a waste of time for me.

Those boots are awesome...I wear them for work, but I go through them about every 3-4 months....

I would also recommend the XL. My boy has a pair of boots really close to OURS in a size 10... So, I put them in my XXL and there was a near drowning. :crafty:

I haven't tried those boots underwater yet, the reason why I changed boots was because the EVO was starting wear out as I have been diving every week now and wanted boots to do a rotation like use the stealth this week and use the evo 3 next week. Also I like the zipper as I seem to hate the shoe laces. Wish some drysuit company would make a boot with velcro instead. North divers from UK does that, but there is no US distributer around.

Anyways guys, lets see what the Hollis guy say! I really want to get these fins but in the right size.

Based on what you are saying, I would definitely try it out. If you can get your boot to work in the regular (which based on what I am seeing is entirely possible), you may be able to only have one pair of fins instead of two.

I'm not sure if it helps, but as a data point I am using Hollis XL F1s with my DUI Rock Boots in size 11 and they fit perfectly. There doesn't seem to any extra room on the sides or on top, so I would think anything bigger would be a snug fit.

no plans?

Buddha,

There are no plans in the near future to develop a smaller F1. We have three sizes (REG/XL/XXL) that fit anywhere from a 7-15 US shoe size.

Although there are smaller feet than a US size 7, the typical vulcanized drysuit boot or overboot seems to solve this problem.

Are you having trouble getting the proper size? what is your shoe size and what type of boot are you using?

Thanks,

Hi Nick,

I live in NZ and no one imports them here so cannot try them on before I buy. I wear a size 6 boot (wet), I do not own a drysuit. I wear a Cressi frog S-M fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom