http://www.diveheart.org/

PhD survey--need people willing to take it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobinG

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I need your help, please. I need people to take this survey!

For my doctoral dissertation, I am conducting a survey about spokesperson credibility. I'm curious why some people are much more credible than others when being interviewed.

I invite everyone to take my survey. I will donate $1 for every completed survey to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

You can link to the survey here:

Credibility Study

Thanks!
Robin Grantham
TUI University College of Business Administration

Oh, and DH says, the faster I get this done the faster we can get back to going cool places to dive, so for his sake, please take the survey and pass along to your friends :D

I thought I'd give you 15 minutes, until the part where I was asked, without any notice, to install "missing plugins" for my browser to view your video . I'm on a fully up-to-date Mac with a fully up-to-date Firefox. I'm capable of watching almost any video from almost any reputable source - Youtube, CNN, etc. etc.

Asking to download browser plugins is one of the most common social engineering -based attack vectors for spreading malware. I don't know you, it looks like you've been here awhile and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on intentions. But I'm not downloading your plugins, and I'd recommend that any other scubaboard users seeing similar requests to refuse them.

If you get your required number of survey responses, great. If not, consider using a web video technology that doesn't require special plugins.

Last edited:
I was able to view the video without having to download any additional plug-ins. I completed the survey, Robin. Good luck!

I tried to take it in Firefox. Almost quit on the first page when I had to agree to a long page of legalese (never mind read it.) I got to a screen that was obviously supposed to show me a video. But I got no video or any request to install a plugin. So I hit next, and there are questions about the video I didn't see. So I picked some random answers just to get to the next page (since it insisted on having answers to everything), and there's a few more pages of questions I have no idea about. And there's no back button. So I gave up.

If your next dive depends on getting this done, your gears gonna be way too dry...

Reefduffer

Understand completely. I live in a small town and had a very small local studio produce the videos. Unfortunately, he could only give me .wmv format which is giving a lot of people headaches--including that message. I THINK I will be getting a flash media version tomorrow, but again, small town, one-man shop, and I'm kind of at his mercy for the video. And I'm not sure that will solve the problem.

I was told by many people that trying to do this survey using videos was too optimistic, and it's turning into a bigger challenge than I thought. but the basic premise of my survey really requires video. Now I'm seeing why there aren't more published studies using video!

Robin

Thanks Damselfish

Lots of issues I hadn't counted on. Sometimes the video loads a little slowly but it shouldn't be THAT slow. Alas....

Robin

Thanks to everyone here who took my survey. As of today I have 290 responses and my committee seems happy with that number. I will close the link next week and send a check to Komen for the Cure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom