Manual for Sherwood Encore Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulirish78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone had a .pdf of the manual for the Sherwood Encore computer. This is an old computer and I just got a used one but am not sure how it works. Thanks for any help.

Paul

as soon as the metal contacts get wet it should automatically turn on. You can wet your finger and touch the contacts. to set the dates and go to program,you touch the contacts 3 times in a row,it used to do this sometimes when i didn't want it while surface swimming. Radio shack carries batteries for it,and I found a torx tip set at home depot for opening the case up to change batteries.

I think the one I have may be dysfunctional. I replaced the battery as the previous one was dead. It comes on showing some zeroes on the screen. When I touch the contacts nothing happens. Also, the screen doesn't shut down after a while, and is still on since I replaced the battery a few days ago. To set the date, do I push the right or left contact three times, or both (not that it matters as I tried every combination)? Thanks for the help though.

touching the contacts three times sets it in program mode,touch both contacts,it sounds like it is working,after changing the battery it should be ready to dive,just your date and time will be off. Take it for a dive or try it in a pool to see if it is working or not. It is a very simple to use computer,no fancy features,just your basic functions you need to dive air. It has been about 3 years since I have used it,I bought a new nitrox capable computer and sold that one on ebay. The only trouble mine gave me was when floating on my back surface swimming,somehow the water would hit the contacts enough times to put it in program mode,I guess I was lifting it out of the water,but you would have to go through the screens to reset to dive mode,it would not do program and dive at the same time,no dive info while in program.It would probably work better in a console mount rather than the wrist mount like I had it,but I prefer wrist mounting,it makes it easier to check your info,just looking at your wrist rather than messing around with a console.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom