Just a little fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Been awhile since I have been on and posted anything because I have been in lovely Iraq for the past 6 months surfing the sand. But now that I have reached my 6 month point it's time for vacation so I booked a 2 week dive trip to the Maldives off the coast of Sri Lanka. I am cooling my heals in Kuwait right now working at Camp Buerhing until my flight out next Sunday to Doha, Qatar and then on to Male where a seaplane flight will bring myself and dive companion Stacy (flying in from San Francisco, CA) to Kuredu Island Resort for the first week of diving. On the 27th we board the liveaboard MY Monsoon for another week of diving. One last in Male then back to reality in the sand for another 6 months. However, I just consider that planning time for my next dive adventure to Thailand -- Phi Phi Islands with the possibility of a side trip to Bali or other island dive destination in Asia.

While I will truly miss the cold waters off New England, heavy weights, wetsuit, and the +/- 20 feet of visiblity I will have to console myself with the lovely tropical views both above and below water and 100+ feet vis and water temps hovering around the 87-89 degree mark. God I miss NE diving :D

Hope everyone has a safe and prosperous dive season there and I'll file a trip report when I get back. Most of this of course was just a little poking for those confined to the cold waters back home so please take no offense!!!!

Be safe,

Tim

Well some how i feel you will be able to suffer your way thru it hang in there it will be ok, our cold water will still be here when you get back!

And i want to say Thank you for your service to our great land, for its men and women like you that keep it that way !!!!

(former Army)

David

Tim,

We miss you here. I think of you everytime I drive by your old house and when we go diving off nubble when there is snow on the ground. Send pics. (not of you but stracy) I now travel to India (Chennai) for work. I've thought about doing a diversion to Maldives on way back. One thing won't consider is live aboard in that part of the world. The whole pirate thing..

Last edited:
I checked out the website for that live aboard boat. It looks like really nice! That should be a lot of fun!

Just make sure to soak in a tub of ice water after each dive so that you don't become too soft for New England Diving. :D

Reefseal -- the Pirates haven't ventured that far out yet. Just don't go to the Seychelles, they nabbed a boat there last week. The Maldives are still safe for the time so I'm not too worried about them. Yeah, I miss diving with everyone there too. I miss my steel tanks!!!!!! Since you're working in India now we might have to try and schedule a dive in this area of the world. I'm planning on Thailand in November if you're interested. Phi Phi Islands and Phuket.

Take care and be safe. I'll let you know how the diving goes.

tim

... I miss my steel tanks!!!!!! ...
tim

I think you mean, MY steel tanks! They miss you too. (As do I.) Be careful out there (under the water and above the sand).

Thanks for doing what you are doing, Tim. We appreciate it. Enjoy the warm water and crystal clear vis.

PTN
USCG 1979- 1983

Back
Top Bottom