Does this look like a 16th Century cannon to you?

Do you think this is a 16th Century cannon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheMuseumGuy

Reaction score
Monterey CA/Dominican Republic/Puerto Rico
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone, we just found this cannon near where 3 Spanish Galleons of the 1529 Fleet were reported lost which were reported "loaded with gold, silver and precious stones" when lost. (The latest research is on our Website)

Watch the video and see it does NOT have a cascabel to speak of and we are very excited about finding it. Tell me what time period you think it is from OK?
YouTube - jacklrea's Channel

We are going out tomorrow to mag the area and try and find out where the rest of the ship went. We found some bronze spikes heading off in one direction and a very old anchor (also in the videos) and we assume so far it went that direction. (Or the exact opposite!)

Let me know and wish us luck!
Jack

So Cool...It looks like someone scraped off the top section...What did you find there???

Well it looks like a cannon, but missing parts.. and age would be dificult to tell... but it is possible... or 100 years later... also possible

If it is a canon, it is an iron one. Spanish guns of that period would have been bronze. But a lot of ships had captured guns and a British or Dutch gun might have been wrought iron.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom