Mass. dive op recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Toes

Contributor
Reaction score
hey all:

hoping this is the right forum. i'll be in martha's vineyard starting next week for two months for a commercial job, but would like to get in some recreational diving if i can.

for starters please excuse the ignorance here regarding the weather, but is there much going on in this area this time of year? i know it can get pretty nasty out there and i'm just a pampered cali diver :)

so i'd be looking for recommendations for dive operations in or around the massachusetts area; would be willing to drive a bit for the right referral.

any particular sites in this general neck of the woods that i'd want to try to hit?

thanks in advance for the help.

erik

Get a thicker suit!!!!! LOL

Welcome to new england! hope you have a great time, never jumped out there do most of my diving in Rockport on cape ann , if you ever want to join us drop me a line.

David

cool; thanks! i may very well do that...

You might also look up Boston Harbor Diving Company. They run a great op from a marina near Logan Airport.

hey all:

hoping this is the right forum. i'll be in martha's vineyard starting next week for two months

any particular sites in this general neck of the woods that i'd want to try to hit? erik

Hit up the Port Hunter, it's between Falmouth, MA and the vineyard. Great wreck, about 80' to the sand if I remember and is 70 deg top to bottom during summer. Definitely want to hit it at slack though, ripping currents otherwise. The Sagamore and Kershaw are also near by and also current dependant!

If you want to drive north I highly recommend Fran Marcoux on the Daybreaker. Cape Ann Charters, 508-873-8339. Based out of Gloucester.

Oh yeah....buy a drysuit!! :D

I second Cape Dive Locker. They start their charter boat season next month (May).

They also do Sunday shore dives in either Hathaway's Pond, Garbage Beach in Woods Hole, and Sandwhich Town Beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom