Any Cebu dive sites recommended?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travelem

Contributor
Reaction score
I like to see big fish or school of fish.

Someone mentioned Tingo, Coco island(Hilutungam), Talima, Nalusu(stingray city) or Marigondon Cave.

Any comments or any more recommendations?

Thanks.

Hi Travelem,

Since nobody has responded to your thread... I will.

On the island of Cebu there are many great dive sites. In the North you have Malapascua, on the East and located near to the airport you have Mactan and on the South West coast you have Moalboal (where our dive centre is located).

In Moalboal, you will get the chance to see whitetips, rays, turtles, barracuda, tuna, shoals of sardines, plenty of macro and more... and if your lucky on the day maybe whalesharks.

We have some excellent dive spots and good conditions (there are several threads on Moalboal on PPD site that you can check out) with beautiful soft and hard coral reefs and all within a short boat ride from our centre.

If you need any further info just drop me a line.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Carl

I will be based in Cebu Mactan. I will not go to Moalboal or Malapascua.

I will be based in Cebu Mactan. I will not go to Moalboal or Malapascua.

Malapascua is probably still the best place in the world to see
Thresher sharks, and this time last year I saw mantas on half of my dives on Monad....

So if you want a good chance to see big stuff, you might want to reconsider...

// Magnus;

I will be going thru Cebu City in about six weeks on the way to Malapasuca. Will spend three days in Cebu before heading north. Any recommendations for a one day trip?

I always recommend Gilutugan marine sanctuary if you're in Cebu City and want to go for a quick trip. It's 30 mins by bangka from Mactan.

Back
Top Bottom