Jocasse Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lone Frogman

Amphibious
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone know the temperatures around the boat ramp? Going to Jocasse for some train next weekend.

Not warm! I actually haven't been up to Jocassee recently, but I was just in Hartwell (which is usually several degrees warmer than Jocassee) and the water temperature was mid-50's.

I have heard it is still fairly chilly - in the upper 50's/low 60's with not much of a thermocline. I plan on hitting the divers boat ramp at Devil's Fork State Park in the next couple of weeks to see for myself and checkout the guidelines.

Current depth is about 19' below full pond.

Let us know what you find.

Dive Safe!

The water temp on Sat was a scorching 58. Vis about 10' max

It was my first trip up there, viz about 15 ft and temps about 58 degrees. Nice lake I'll be back.

I am planning to dive there this weekend to check it out. Did you go straight out to the airplane wing? or to the left to the bones family? Max depth?

I am planning to dive there this weekend to check it out. Did you go straight out to the airplane wing? or to the left to the bones family? Max depth?

Temp was 52 degrees @ 109' this afternoon, 61 @ the ramp. Visibility was better deeper. The particulate seemed to be clumping up. I'm assuming this is the begining of what they mean by the lake starting to turn. The lake was higher than last weekend.
I went straight out to the trees. What airplane wing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom