Sundancer II - Belize - Owner's Cabin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Houston Squid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This question is specific to the Peter Hughes Sundancer II boat in Belize.

Has anyone here stayed in this Owner's Cabin (lower deck)?

Is is equal in amenities, minus a window?

Any problems with fumes, engine noise?

haven't stayed in it, so I don't know about noise/fumes, but I wandered down once to check it out. It is a very large cabin for a liveaboard. I'm sure it's equal in amenities. I think there was a porthole, up high so I don't recall if you could readily look out, but you'd at least get some daylight from it.

Dan -- I'm on it the week after you. I get there the 11th.

I won't be able to fill you in - we are doing land based stuff the second week - starting the 11th.

Have a good trip!

Just got back and my buddy had that cabin. It is a good bit larger in that there is about 6' of floor space between the end of the bed and the door to the bathroom vs 2-3' in the other cabins. It also has a much larger flat screen TV than the others and surround sound that the others lack altogether. It does not have speakers wired into the ships sound system where you can listen to the music played during the day like the other cabins have though.

Thanks for the feedback. I take it your buddy was not disappointed.

Overall he was pleased although he did say he wished the AC had kept the cabin cooler and I had the same complaint with my cabin. Other cabins were as cold as meat lockers.

Food was excellent all week and the crew was great. They all had a positive attitude, worked well with one another and were always looking to be helpful to the guests.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom