Santa Cruz Dorks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was just poking around scubaboard, when I discovered this fascinating concept of the Dork diver. I love it! I just rethreaded my halcyon back plate with white webbing to match my white biofins! How wonderful that there are others who understand =).

But wait, it gets better.
I do most of my diving at UC Santa Cruz, and the whole school dives :dork2:! Just a few examples: the recreational program director has huge pink pockets on her wet suit, and neon yellow force fins. Her assistant has bright pink force fins, and pink highlights on his drysuit, he also likes to hang his dive slate from his gauged ears. The assistant DSO has neon green webbing on his backplate. Also one of my good friends (who is also an instructor) discovered that if he uses enough wax, he can get his mustache to stick out even while diving.

Everyone at this school seems to strive to have the most outlandish gear imaginable, but are still among the safest divers you're ever likely to find.

AND WE ALL USE SNORKELS =) (some of them pink)

And a mighty fine bunch you sound like. Of course, you do realize that I simply *must* use that most well known of smilies, eh?
:worthless:​
Seriously, though I'd love to see pics of some of you, but I guess I really need to post some pics of myself, too. :biggrin:

A few weeks ago, I was helping clean the LSU Natatorium's lap pool while we had a Rescue class in the diving well. When we finished vacuuming, I got out and found basically an entire Rescue class looking at me. When one asked, "Do you *really* have a pink BC?!?" it suddenly made sense. One of them had been on a checkout I'd worked, and he'd been telling them all about that guy over there with the ponytail who had all this pink stuff. It was quite entertaining. (They certainly won't forget me. :D)

Sounds like a classic, nothing like pink gear to make you memorable!

Here are some scuba shenanigans for your viewing pleasure. :D

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 112
  • pinkfins.jpg
    pinkfins.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 99
  • kelphorn.jpg
    kelphorn.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 111
I am going to drop Stanford and run over to UC Santa Cruz! :D

I was just poking around scubaboard, when I discovered this fascinating concept of the Dork diver. I love it! I just rethreaded my halcyon back plate with white webbing to match my white biofins! How wonderful that there are others who understand =).

But wait, it gets better.
I do most of my diving at UC Santa Cruz, and the whole school dives :dork2:! Just a few examples: the recreational program director has huge pink pockets on her wet suit, and neon yellow force fins. Her assistant has bright pink force fins, and pink highlights on his drysuit, he also likes to hang his dive slate from his gauged ears. The assistant DSO has neon green webbing on his backplate. Also one of my good friends (who is also an instructor) discovered that if he uses enough wax, he can get his mustache to stick out even while diving.

Everyone at this school seems to strive to have the most outlandish gear imaginable, but are still among the safest divers you're ever likely to find.

AND WE ALL USE SNORKELS =) (some of them pink)
I guess that's the way them thar banana slugs do things at Uncle Charlie's Summer Camp.:D

When I was at Berkeley all gear was black; except for the orange face of my Doxa and my FENZY.

They ain't hard core dork divers until they dive with one fin differently colored than the other. I RULE THE DORK DIVER KINGDOM!!!

Back
Top Bottom