Red Sea Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy Mac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello

Has anyone got any recommendations of dive operators doing good value liveaboards in the red sea? Im looking to go with a mate in early june and trying to bargain hunt in this credit crunch!

Any suggestions gratefully received..

A:D

Question is too vague. Where in the red sea are you looking to go ?

He's after good-value, cheap liveaboards, so in the Red Sea the cheapest itinerary is the northern wreck safari, generally Ž£150-200 cheaper than Simply the Best, etc.

Try blueotwo.com (Blue Fin, 5-12 June, North and Ras Mo, Ž£899) and scuba.co.uk (Typhoon, 30 May - 6 June, Wrecks and Reefs, Ž£850). Others to try are regaldive.co.uk and emperordivers.com

Mark

It doesn't matter where in the Red Sea you want to go. You can go anywhere with any operator worth the ticket. If you want hints on what's good at what time of year you can check out my website WELCOME TO AZIAB where you find a page caller "Yearly Cycle" with info on what's going on where in the Red Sea at what time of the year.

What operator to use... There are a few good but only one Excellent blueOtwo Scuba Diving Holidays for more info. If you want to se wrecks or sharks or dugong... no worries they'll arrange that...

If you have more questions feel free to send me an email or PM here at SB.

...a...

I've dived with Emperor and Blue o Two liveaboards. Blue o Two is hands down better - they pay attention to you, great dive briefings, attention to safety, excellent rental equipment.

My experience with Emperor wasn't as pleasant. The attention to safety wasn't there - (no one looking for divers when the dive was happening) and rental equipment was shoddy (bad regulators, tank valves, suits/boots old worn out)

All of the liveaboards are running specials - just get on their newsletter lists.

Back
Top Bottom