Sharm water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldfish05

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
how clear is the water in the sharm area. i just got a camra and i am wondering if i will need a strobe for it come july

i have got some excellent shots without a strobe in sharm, manual white balance or raw and away u go, viz is excellent i found that i got my best pictures in the morning around 10 or 11 depending on the reef ur at of course, i think the east or south east facing reefs are best this of day to get the sun at ur back when taking pictures

I have about 200 pictures from sharm from last week that need post-processing, as well as about the same from last august and the bad ones that wasnt because of me screwing up wouldnt have been better with a strobe since its pictures thats taken from 30-40 meters..

This past week the water down there was pretty milky compared to last august, but its still plenty good to get decent shots without a strobe, especially if you shoot raw and fix the WB in post-processing or manual WB..

Water is clear there but as with any underwater shots a strobe is good for putting colour back especially at depth. Its useless if trying to photograph anything from more than a few metres away.

Learn the camera with ambient light first in the shallows before introducing a strobe.

Vis is good but not as good as some Caribbean destinations (Cozumel etc). I would recommend processing your photographs with good software. Adobe photoshop can give amazing results with a little practice.

photoshop is good, but its skipping the first step of the process, which would be lightroom :wink:

Back
Top Bottom