MY Island Safari II in the Maldives- Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikk

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I are considering a 7 day liveaboard trip on the Island Safari II in the Maldives July 25-August 1. Given the Baani incident of last year when a diver died due to a faulty fill (from what I understand), we are somewhat nervous about Maldivian liveaboards in general and wondered if anyone had used the Island Safari II and could share their experiences.
Nikhil

It's been more than a year since the Baani incident and during this year there was no such incident in the Maldives Liveaboard industry. Island Safari II has been in operation for a long time and has a lot of experience in the Liveaboards industry.
I do not think there should be any reason to be nervous in choosing a liveaboards from the Maldives.

As long as you go to a boat with excellent crew and experienced dive master/instructor would be always good.
Did you already book with a safari?
If not we do have two liveaboards with a dive master/instructor with over 15 years of experienced in the Maldivian waters. Offer 3 to 4 dives a day. Nice luxurious boat.

Visit and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have concerning your vacation with us. We are proud to represent two outstanding liveaboads and only the best five-star resorts the islands have to offer.
Warm wishes,
Ocean dreams.

August-July is perfect for manta rays whale sharks in Baa atoll.

thanks for your responses. we have booked on the island Safari II and are looking forward to diving with Mantas and hopefully seeing whale sharks.
Nikhil

Scared, thanks - I read Dandy Don's comments about CO analyzers on another thread and will definitely get me one of those. The other option, I guess, is to dive nitrox!

My wife and I are considering a 7 day liveaboard trip on the Island Safari II in the Maldives July 25-August 1. Given the Baani incident of last year when a diver died due to a faulty fill (from what I understand), we are somewhat nervous about Maldivian liveaboards in general and wondered if anyone had used the Island Safari II and could share their experiences.
Nikhil

:no:

:shakehead:

In general... I want tell you that there are a lot of highly respected professionals working on safari boats in the Maldives.

Better not to add any more words since I find your post very offensive.

Aktun
i am sure that the majority of the boats in the Maldives are run by highly respected professionals. I have tried not to give offense, nonetheless, there was an accident last year and a diver did lose his life. i think that entitles me to ask the question, doesn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom