safe dive after a flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cananaral

New
Reaction score
Hi guys, ý dived before and ý have even cmas certificate but havent dived for 2 years and ý am cabin crew now, ý dont know the duration for a safe dive after flying? after how many hours or days ý can dive safely?thanx

It's safe to dive any time AFTER flying, the problem is when you dive BEFORE flying.

cananaral once bubbled...
Hi guys, ý dived before and ý have even cmas certificate but havent dived for 2 years and ý am cabin crew now, ý dont know the duration for a safe dive after flying? after how many hours or days ý can dive safely?thanx

Let's make sure we understand what you're saying.

If you're asking if you FLY FIRST and THEN dive if you need to wait. The answer is no, unless you fly to an altitude and then make a dive at high altitude.

If you're asking if you DIVE FIRST and THEN fly if you need to wait. The answer to this is yes. 18 hours for multiple dives, 12 hours for a single dive.

R..

There is one problem with flying that is often over looked, it is that flying can dehydrate you and many don't realize this but as long as you drink plenty of fluids there is no problem at all. As long as you are talking about flying then diving.

Welcome to the board cananaral, I have been in U.A.E. many times, but never dove in there because I was not certified then. I swam in Al-Sharjah’s beach and I liked the warm clear blue water.
I visit the Gulf area frequently mostly Kuwait and I can imagine that Dubai underwater is as beautiful as Kuwait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom