Philippines won in world travel fair held in Shanghai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dingho

Contributor
Reaction score
in the just concluded shanghai world travel fair, Philippine won the best travel booth, best travel destination, the best travel product presentation. because of our best, hardworking PR man, Gerry (the smallest guy) in shanghai. Once he helped me a lot in promoting philippine scuba diving. this guy has a very innovative mind in designing booths. that make other competitive nations jealous. the government is doing their part. for the private sector, we need you. please show off your travel products including dive resorts and destinations next time around.

Ding

pics- ImageShack? - Gallery

*/Media Release/*
*/April 2009/*
*RP is AsiaÃÔ Most Popular Destination*
/*Makes mark in World Travel Fair 2009*/
SHANGHAI, CHINA -- The Philippines was named the Á®ost Popular Destination in Asia? after a public vote and a strict evaluation process undertaken by professional jurors from the Shanghai Municipal Tourism Administration and VNU Exhibitions Europe, at the recent World Travel Fair (***) 2009.

Å°ur country receiving the highest laurel in AsiaÃÔ leading source fair in China is a notable milestone in the industryÃÔ optimism in sustaining the momentum generated from efforts to reach this important market segment, said Ace Durano, Secretary of Tourism.

The tourism chief added, ŵhe Philippines is one of the fastest growing destinations in ChinaÃÔ outbound travel industry, recording a 74% month-on-month growth rate in visa issuances for February of this year. We are also the nearest tropical beach country for the Chinese, as Manila is only 2 hours away from Guangzhou, while Cebu is only 3 hours away from Shanghai.

Durano likewise attributed the win to the countryÃÔ competitive tour pricing, the remarkable progress of the transportation sector and the FilipinoÃÔ friendliness and hospitality.

Dubbed as the Á°utbound Travel Industry's Leading Source Fair in Asia, the *** receives thousands of travel buyers from China, Asia and the rest of the world, who come to hold exchanges with more than 500 exhibitors from 62 countries, held at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre.

ŵhe Chinese travellers rank our countryÃÔ beaches and heritage sites high, as proven by the various recognitions they have awarded to our tourist spots, Durano said further.

Beach holidays rank 79% among the top leisure activities undertaken by the Chinese, according to an outbound travel study in China, while the International Visitor Survey conducted by the DOT reported that foreign visitors rank the country highest for visitor satisfaction in terms of Filipino hospitality.

Due to its strong partnership with a consortium of travel agents, the DOT has urged the transportation sector to open direct chartered flights and daily regular flights to Cebu and Manila. These developments have reflected a 61% increase in number of chartered flights operated in 2008 compared to last year.

Undersecretary for Tourism Planning and Promotions Eduardo Jarque, Jr. was enthusiastic to point out that the country has always garnered positive feedback from Asian tourists, ŵhe Philippines has managed to secure, among others, the Best Leisure Destination in the last yearÃÔ ***, for Boracay; the Top 10 Island Getaways for Chinese Summer Travel, for Bohol; the only Asian entry in the list of premier destinations in the acclaimed World Traveller Magazine; and Top 10 Most Searched Destination among Shanghai online users.

Jarque was referring to Baidu, the biggest search engine in China capturing 68% of the Chinese online market (Google a distant second with 20% market share), which listed the Philippines in the Top 10 most searched travel destination among Shanghai online users from its latest report.

Meanwhile, Arlene Alipio, head of DOT Team China, noted that the flourishing outbound travel of China has been propitious to the Philippines as well, ųecent statistics from the China National Tourism Administration show that the number of Chinese travellers reached 34.4 million in the first nine months of this year, up by 14.8 percent year-on-year. In September alone, about 3.7 million Chinese people travelled overseas, an increase of 9 percent year-on-year.

Shanghai-based Philippine Tourism Attach to China, Gerry Panga, shared, ŵhe countryÃÔ continued and consolidated efforts in promoting a wide array of travel opportunities to its Asian neighbours have indeed resulted to our strong market performance despite the global crunch.

RP posted a growth rate of 58.5% in 2008 in terms of visa issuances for travel to the Philippines from Eastern China plus Sichuan and Chongqing. Current growth rate stands at 20% from January to March 2009, making the Philippines one of the fastest growing outbound destinations for Chinese tourists.

###

Photos attached.
/<RP win.JPG>/
*RP is AsiaÃÔ Most Popular Destination.*
The Philippines was named /Á®ost Popular Destination in Asia /at the recent World Travel Fair (***) Awards 2009 in China. The Department of Tourism (DOT) led the countryÃÔ delegation
Photo shows Shanghai-based /Philippine Tourism Attach to China /Gerry Panga (left) accepts the prestigious award from Chairman Dao Shuming (right) of the /Shanghai Municipal Tourism Administration/. The country was given a plaque and trophy, and a giant *** seal for display at winning delegationÃÔ booth.

/<RP Booth - seal.JPG> /

*Philippines makes mark as /Asia's Most Popular Destination./*
A giant World Travel Fair (***) 2009 blue seal was on display at the Philippine booth to mark the country's distinction as /Asia's Most Popular Destination. /Shown also in photo are the members of the Pangkat Kawayan, an award-winning Filipino percussion group, which were among the featured cultural performers for the duration of the ***, the biggest travel fair in Asia.
/*3 Tourist photos: */
/<Asian Travel Agents kayaking in El Nido.JPG>/
/<scnic_palawan.JPG>/
/<boracay beach with tourists.JPG>/

--
Office of the Undersecretary for Planning & Promotions
Department of Tourism - Manila
Tel. No. 524-1694 / 400-1993

I wish some of this wonderful stuff could ever get to mindanao, Our Tourism do not talk to anyone and the only time we here of events is afterwards as we are never told or invited to attend anything! Any free tickets are usually given to cronies or chics of the tourism people and not to people who count! Its pretty pathetic exactly how we get treated down here, the tourism do not give a dam about anyone except for people who can make money for them!
You might get the idea that I do not have much time for the Gen San Tourism and you would be very correct in your thinking, if ever there was a usless organisation, thats it!

With all the great publicity the PI is getting, I've got to get there soon before the crowds descend on some great diving!

hi Chris, don't be a bad loser, not thing is free in this world, remember, consider youself a Filipino, you have live here, earn your living, from diving business here, You have also contribute your knowledge in environmental protection in Gen San, to be honest to your, if Philippines is not good for Your, lets said if you have not profit from this host country, you have long been gone! the DOT is doing their very best, I know, because, I am N.G.O. too, and I was able to see the best of them. as a Filipino (you too!) lets ask what you can do for this country and not expect what you can get FREE from your mother land! oh yes, when DOT promote abroad, they did promote GEN SAN in general, I did add talk on my own about the unique Gen San TUNA port, the shore WALL dive in your area,(I did promotion, but when I dove with your dive shop, I pay full, not never even ask for discount, or free DIVE, because I knew not thing is free in this world) and our great Manny Pacquiao. this country have nourish you, other wise you wouldn't be here. be greatfull to your host country, in fact, its your only country now!

and CHRIS just lay 4000 reef domes at Sarangani bay, thats a big TASK for a foreigner that adopted his hosted country. he is more Filipino than most Filipinos. Chris is an. unsung hero, Please don't feel bad your provincial government did not do enough for you, you must reeducate them. but in long run, this land, this sea will pay you back.

When you advertize the Gen San Tuna Landing to tourists do not forget to tell them to bring with them,
White Rain Boots, Long Trousers, Full Shirt, these items of clothing are required for entry! (Normal Tourist Clothing)!
Do not bring, Cameras or Kids as these are not allowed!
I bet the DoT did not tell you that! Maybe they do not know! There is a big sign at the gate of the port stating this!
As for the rest of your rambling, I have no answer!

Back
Top Bottom