Photo of Destin Jetties entry point?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankc420

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Could someone please post the photo of the Destin jetties entry point? SeaYoda posted the original photo I believe.

Thanks!

Look up 224 Gulf Shore Drive on Google Maps.

I think this is more what he's wanting....

Overhead view and the path you walk to the finger jetty...

destin-jetty-map.jpg

Coming down the road on Holiday Isle. look for the sign on the left. (they put up a nice new big one a year or so ago). Parking is on the right on the street. don't block anything or you'll likely get towed.

29jw8.jpg

The sign marking the beach access.

29jw9.jpg

The walk through the beach access. easiset thing to do is to walk directly to the water as the sand there is hardler packed and easier to walk on, then walk around the waterline to the finger jetty.

29jw5.jpg

A couple other pics (that I've saved from others posting, etc).

airjetty.jpg

airjetty2.jpg

Things would have been much easier if I were spoonfed this stuff when I started diving... I wonder if I would have had just as much fun though?

Thanks Mike! I cannot see the photos here at work but I'm going to assume this is exactly what I'm wanting, as I thought you might be the one to post the pic :D

I think this is more what he's wanting....

Overhead view and the path you walk to the finger jetty...

destin-jetty-map.jpg

Coming down the road on Holiday Isle. look for the sign on the left. (they put up a nice new big one a year or so ago). Parking is on the right on the street. don't block anything or you'll likely get towed.

29jw8.jpg

The sign marking the beach access.

29jw9.jpg

The walk through the beach access. easiset thing to do is to walk directly to the water as the sand there is hardler packed and easier to walk on, then walk around the waterline to the finger jetty.

29jw5.jpg

A couple other pics (that I've saved from others posting, etc).

airjetty.jpg

airjetty2.jpg

One is on the end of the finger jetty, the other is further out...

Why not enjoy the experience of discovery, slap some gear on, and get a good dive in to find out?

Just an aside, while no longer local to that area for several decades I dove that jetty before there were any hotels anywhere there. What I want to say is that yellow "dive path" line that goes around the jetty showing the approximate underwater path, excellent work. There is one big but, if you surface out there you may get runned over because that is also the channel boats use going in and out. Fortunately it is quite deep there, greater than 40 feet, so no worries there but please do not pop up for a look see in the channel because you might get your head taken off by a 50 foot sportfisher sedan. Just a caution for you.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom