Octo and spearfishing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Diverite Ritesource BC inflator/Octo and the LP hose is far too long which really defeats the purpose of someone buying it to be more streamlined (smallest size is 22 inches), they should really look in to this. I will most likely be going back to a regular inflator hose for my wing and now i will need an Octo for backup, i was wondering how many place there Octo on a necklace like DIR divers do or simply clip it to there right side D ring? if so does it bother you when spearfishing or not? I will be getting in to deep wreck/Tech type courses in the future so i want to have my current setup very similiar so im fully used to it when the time comes, this means i want my Primary Regulator on a long hose wrapped properly and my secondary Octo on a necklace, does anyone here have theres setup this way with the longhose and all and do alot of spearfishing , does it get in the way? i dont really see a problem with this but was wondering your all opinions, thanks.

Yes they do, but, those are for the regular air inflator hoses connected to the wing inflator NOT for the Diverite Octo LP hose connected to the Diverite Octo/air source.

Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express

These are the hoses needed for the Octo (can only use the LP reg ones) and there smallest is 22'...plus the adapter adds another 2 inches so it is 24' altogether, far too long. I could be wrong and if so please explain but this is what i gathered, thanks.

I dive a 7' regulator hose and a bunjeed secondary for hunting because it is more streamlined. If you look at the divers in this pic you'll see they don't have hoses sticking out all over the place. Wreck divers and cave divers dive this setup for a reason and streamlining has a lot to do with it.

rhea_cayman-singletanks066.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom