Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I-cap-I

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, I am looking to do an internship to take me from Advanced (which I am officially but with few dives) to Instructor, and am considering Egypt as a destination.

Has anyone any advice as to where might be good to do this? I have been to Sharm before, and although the diving and training were good, I did not particularly like Sharm itself. Maybe Dahab would be better (I suspect so).

I am not worried about the length of time for the internship, the longer the better as this means more dives and more experience. I am hoping to begin my intenship within a few months.

I have also not ruled out doing the DM in one location, and then instructor in another. What is important is the quality of training and diving. I am hoping to find employment in the same area as I train, which is why the location is also a factor.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all

Last edited:
Sharm has it's charms when you have been there a while.

I would recommend Sharm as you will get better training with one of the larger outfits there and a greater range of experience.

Look at Camel, Red Sea College, Emperor and Ocean College web sites and you will get an idea of costs but don't forget to allow for accommodation etc.

You will find cheaper places and operations but you get what you pay for.

If you want any info on a private basis send me an email.

Good luck and enjoy!

Prefer Dahab to sharm. Its a more laid back relaxed place. Less frantic.

If you're after nightlife, a buisier resort but also buisier diving, larger groups and generally more frantic then consider sharm. If its quiet you want, small groups etc then Dahab a better option.

Egyptians in those 2 resort towns are pushy and wanna get every chick that walks by their shops .

First of all, research the centres (as your doing) then once you have chosen just do the rescue course to start with... you can then see how you fit in at the centre and if you get along with the instructor. You will not believe how many places treat trainees badly. If you just book the whole thing up front it might be hard to get out without costs. If you will work as an instructor its best to do it in the place you wish to work. They then get to know you and teach you what they need in a DM/instructor. There are so many instructor trying to get work and can't, because they have no experience, you will avoid that by training where you'll work. There are a few centres I know that want trainees over experience just so you'll do things their way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom