San Diego Wreck Row

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PinkPADIgal

PADI Master Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I had a blast diving in San Diego last month. The wrecks are a blast and I only did a few. Would like to hear from others who have been there.

I did the Yukon which is very cool but I think my favorite wreck, to date, in the Ruby E. She is covered with Strawberry Anenomies and I got the coolest picture of a scorpion fish on her hull.

I know there are other great wrecks to dive...would love feedback on others.

Thanks!

Amy

I dove that boat about 6 years ago. I'm from Florida and while I was in San Diego I thought I should do some left coast diving. Well,the boat I dove from had about 6 divers and the dive guide was once a florida dive master. So he said stick with me. We dove down to the Ruby-E and it was at about 4 ft of vis. He motions for me to follow him into the wreak. Now we hadn't talked about this at all, but I thought the guy must know what he's doing so,,, (stupidly) I follow him into the wreak. He's in front of me kicking up silt, so that I can't see him or anything else. I finally find myself in the anchor chain and wench room in the bow. My dive "guide" is gone! I waited about 5 minutes for the silt to settle down and see a dim light off to my left. I work my way to the light only to snag on some unseen object. Backing up I get off the object and finally get out of the wreak. The dive guide is there with the other divers.
When it get up to the surface he says "where were you?" I said to him you dumb #@%&* you lose me in an unfamiliar wreak in zero visibility and you wonder where the #@$% I was? Screw you.
I learned two valuable things that day. 1. Plan the dive and discuss it up on the boat. 2. Don't dive in wreaks with strangers who you don't even know if you can trust. Oh, and I just thought of this #3. Don't be stupid.:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom