FS: Aladin Air X Nitrox Transmitter and Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cactus Pete

Registered
Reaction score
I'm selling an Aladin Air X Nitrox computer, with the plastic case, and the transmitter. This transmitter is blue - from the boards I understand that there are also black ones. I've never used this but got it from a relative who passed away so I don't know much about it. Most importantly, I'm not sure what computers it will or won't work with.

However, its my understanding that it's next to impossible to change the batteries on the computer itself. So this is mostly a transmitter with an attractive dive-computer-like paperweight thrown in.

$120, shipped to the continental US.

Pete

Attachments

• Aladin Air with Transmitter.jpg
    Aladin Air with Transmitter.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 1,208
Got some serial numbers on it? Or any idea of its production date? They had some real issues with some of these units: "CPSC, UWATEC AG Ann ounce Recall of 1995 Aladin Air X NitrOx Dive Computers"
not to flame just giving you a chance to prove yours is not one of those..

Does the transmitter say anything on it anywhere? Agree with the previous poster on the computer.

I'm selling an Aladin Air X Nitrox computer, with the plastic case, and the transmitter. This transmitter is blue - from the boards I understand that there are also black ones. I've never used this but got it from a relative who passed away so I don't know much about it. Most importantly, I'm not sure what computers it will or won't work with.

However, its my understanding that it's next to impossible to change the batteries on the computer itself. So this is mostly a transmitter with an attractive dive-computer-like paperweight thrown in.

$120, shipped to the continental US.

Pete

The only number on the transmitter is "11999." I don't know if that's a date or something else. It also says "Uwatec compatible" and "Swiss Made."

If you're not interested then please, don't bid. I really don't care. I've sold a number of things on this board, all from a dear relative who passed away too young, and I've had no complaints or accusation (until yours). I've always been completely upfront about 1) the items and 2) my limited knowledge of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to help not only you but the people that might be unfortunate enough to buy something that may get them hurt.

"UWATEC AG, of Switzerland, is recalling about 390 Aladin Air X Nitrox dive computers manufactured in 1995. The software “may inaccurately calculate desaturation times, resulting in possible decompression sickness under aggressive dive conditions.”

UWATEC has received five reports of DCS “allegedly associated with use of the 1995 dive computers.” UWATEC has stated, “For safety reasons, we ask that you stop using the 1995 dive computer immediately.”

Thanks MODS

Last edited:
Daddywarbucks,

Thank you for your concern. The original post clearly notes that the computer is inoperable and has a bad battery, which to my knowledge can't be replaced. So really, the only thing of any use here is the transmitter.

Your concerns are about a computer, not the transmitter.

In light of this, perhaps you should modify your claims.

Pete

I have made no claims of my own...Just repeated the ones the manufacturer stated. Sad really I think it was a nice computer, on a side note there may be a chance that Aladin swap this thing out for a different model...BUT this is a very good deal on the transmitter alone. Good luck on your sale

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom