60mm lens in Ikelite's 100mm flat port????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mucksavage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi

I am mid trip and have the chance to acquire a 60mm Canon lens at a great price. I already have the 100mm lens and Ikelite flat port with me. Can I get away with using the 60mm lens in this port??

I will probably buy the right port eventually but as I have so much stuff with me alredy I think I'll pass on the lens unless I can use it immediately.

Cheers

There are 3 different port listings on our website for a Canon 100mm macro lens, depending on your lens type. Regardless, you will have substantial airspace between the end of the 60mm lens and the port acrylic. The 60mm lens has a narrow coverage angle, so it may not vignette, but you will have to try it.
The short answer is that it will work, but slight vignetting "may" be present. Unless the deal is a good one, there is really no reason to use a 60mm macro lens over a 100mm macro lens when shooting shoot close-ups in the underwater environment.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom