Moving to Murfreesboro, TN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiggrr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My roommate and I are moving to TN this summer. Will be transferring our membership from The Wrecking Crew to DDD. :D

I was a little worried about the diving around TN but, had a chat with Dark Wolf last night and I'm very relieved to hear about all of the options.

If anyone has suggestions and local places they like to dive, please post them. I don't remember all of the places we discussed and it would be nice to have them here to reference.

Anyhoo, looking forward to making new dive buddies!!

Murfreesboro is a cool little town! The only open water diving I've seen there is Jeff's Quarry. I'm sure there are others. Talk to Skip on cavediver.net. He's a cave diver, but also pretty active OW, too, I think. I know several other folks up there, but all cave divers...not sure if any get on here too much.

Send me a PM if you have any problems finding folks up there to contact and I'll send you a list of the ones I know.

Have fun, dive safe!

Shirley

I don't know about the diving there, but just South of Murphreesboro is Shelbyville and they build a really nice little airplane there. Well mostly they build the kits. You have to build it yourself.

You have 2-3 suitable quarries within a cpl three hour drive south of ya. Madison quarry which is near Huntsville, one over in Lawrence county I think, and a nice deep quarry a few miles south of Birmingham called Alabama Blue Water adventures. All very easy to do in a nice day trip.

Kenny

You've got Martha's quarry up north of you. It closed last year due to rock blasting... but I'm betting it will be open this year. (but I might be wrong).

Also Philadelphia quarry and Low Loch Minn that are a couple hours east of Monkey's-boro.

I think I've seen a dive shop on the square in town, but can't remember the name of it. several shops in Nashville and Franklin.

I don't know about the diving there, but just South of Murphreesboro is Shelbyville and they build a really nice little airplane there. Well mostly they build the kits. You have to build it yourself.

really? what airplane is that?

You have 2-3 suitable quarries within a cpl three hour drive south of ya. Madison quarry which is near Huntsville, one over in Lawrence county I think, and a nice deep quarry a few miles south of Birmingham called Alabama Blue Water adventures. All very easy to do in a nice day trip.

Kenny

not sure if Moulton will be open this year... it's changed control and they were never really open full time anyway. nice place, but not much too it... never been in a quarry that is so cold.

Madison Opens next weekend (May 2nd).

Of course Bluewater is open all year (but goes on reduced days of the week during the winter).

Cornerstone Scuba, right next to Cornerstone Cheesecake...yum!!! cornerstonescuba.com Jeff, et al, are good people.

Back
Top Bottom