Wisdom Software V2.0.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joefri

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've noticed a couple of issues with the new Wisdom software.

First Issue: I entered a manual dive, after entering the working pressure and tank size the SAC rate didn't automatically calculate and I can't enter the SAC rate manually. This is an issue because now in history it shows my best SAC rate as 0.

Second Issue: I notice issues with the save button, I downloaded 5 dives the other night from my Wisdom 2 and after entering all the optional information I hit the save button at the top. Three of the dives saved all the information, two did not. After going back to the two that did not save I reentered the working pressure and tank size, the SAC rate gets calculated and I hit the save button, to no avail still not saving.I repeated this numerous times with no luck. Finally I go back enter all the working pressure and tank size again, this time I type a comment in the memo section and hit save and this time it saves. In my eyes this save button has some bugs in it and is not always saving when pressed.

Software engineers have some work to do here I think. Does anyone else have any other issues that they have noticed?

Ditto - I've noticed throughout these version upgrades that I sometimes have to enter something in the memo field to get the record to really save. Especially if the data I'm trying to save is the the Tank section (tank size, pressure, mix, etc.).

I wonder if it has something to do with the automatic SAC calculation, because that's about the only calculation done by the software (as opposed to the calculations done in the computer itself).

I keep thinking, "The next version will fix this, they've gotta know about this because it's so obvious, I'm sure the next version will fix it..."

But... still not fixed so far! :shakehead:

Ditto - I've noticed throughout these version upgrades that I sometimes have to enter something in the memo field to get the record to really save. Especially if the data I'm trying to save is the the Tank section (tank size, pressure, mix, etc.).

I wonder if it has something to do with the automatic SAC calculation, because that's about the only calculation done by the software (as opposed to the calculations done in the computer itself).

I keep thinking, "The next version will fix this, they've gotta know about this because it's so obvious, I'm sure the next version will fix it..."

Eleven years ago I was hired to do Quality Assurance on the software created by a Fortune 500/NYSE index/e-Commerce 50 company. On certain versions of Windows (which they claimed to support) the product wouldn't start. Pretty obvious problem; I double click the product icon and it crashes before I see anything come up.

Found over 100 'show stopper' bugs in the product. The response to most of them was , "We've never had any complaints from the customers." Turned out all the customers assumed someone else must have complained about such obvious problems. When they weren't fixed they used something else.

Bottom line, complain. Software developers will assume no news is good news.

If you can, take a minute to go to the Sherwood Scuba website, under Support click on Comment and fill out your experiences with the software, if enough of us complain we may see a new version with fixes sooner than later.

I was told by the software engineer this morning that the next version will fix these issues and is due out mid-May. I will post on here when it is released on the website.

Any update on the release date for this new update yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom