Just when you think you have heard it all....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well the site name of CDNN (Cyber Diver News Network) alone shows you that it's just a "headline grabbing story".

they are famous for fake stories and fake headlines like that...

when in reality the guy pissed on a woman in an airplane flight that had nothing to do with Scubadiving....

CDNN is a joke...

CDNN is a joke...

:thumb:

The 66-year-old victim said her holiday was ruined and she still suffers emotionally according to US Attorney Edward Kubo Jr.

Suffers emotionally? Holiday ruined? I would have been pissed (sorry but this is actually the word I want here) about the smell. Soak in salt water for an hour and you would be emotionally settled.

:thumb:

Suffers emotionally? Holiday ruined? I would have been pissed (sorry but this is actually the word I want here) about the smell. Soak in salt water for an hour and you would be emotionally settled.

yeah... this is "lawyer-ese speak" for "she is going to sue the airlines" because of some idiot....

I wouldn't have been "emotionally distressed" over it... I would have "beat the piss" out him... (No pun intended!)

however she didn't mention later that she went and pee'd in some rental wetsuit in hawaii while she was there.... :shakehead:

well if the guy was as drunk as they say he was then the airlines should shoulder some responsiblity and the emotional trama done to my client will last a life time..... yep i can hear it now.sure the airlines will settle out of court that would seem to be the wise move but knowing them they will prolong it hoping the lady dies first.
she should have showed him the other end of "it" but you have to admit it does give new meaning to the phrase "it is better to be pissed off than pissed on"its too bad he was nt sitting next to luarna bobbit.now that would have made a head line

Well, I guess deep down, we should all consider ourselves lucky that CDNN did not take creative rights too far and claim that the guy dropped his pants and squatted over her.....frankly I am surprised they didn't. Now THAT would be CDNN quality news to report :D.

well i guess all these different news sources are just a bunch of hype too?
here, let me get out of the way you guys going to need some room.
Peeing Passenger Gets 3 Weeks In Jail | KGMB9 News Hawaii | (KGMB9)
Man Urinates on Woman During Flights — Receives Only Three Weeks in Jail JONATHAN TURLEY
Peeing Passenger
Man sentenced to 3 weeks in jail for urinating on fellow passenger on flight to Hawaii
well i would say that its not an Exaggeration. but for me the most desturbing thing about it is the guy only got 3 weeks in jail???!!!?? THREE WEEKS? and i would have to say that the women has every right in the world to sue the airlines. the woman is 66 some odd years old shes sitting there minding her own business and some guy whips out his gear and urniates on her? because he is drunk, that makes it okay? its too bad the fight was not in L.A. county, three weeks three months it would not make a difference he would never finish it. now I am wondering how is it that this was so well hushed up in hawaii? nothing like sweeping the dirt under the rug. i hope she sticks it to the airlines big time. i actually found this story on a flux.though only one major news media carried the story here just about every paper on the mainland and news station carried it. im sure it will help the tourism.

well i would say that its not an Exaggeration. but for me the most desturbing thing about it is the guy only got 3 weeks in jail???!!!?? THREE WEEKS? and i would have to say that the women has every right in the world to sue the airlines. the woman is 66 some odd years old shes sitting there minding her own business and some guy whips out his gear and urniates on her? because he is drunk, that makes it okay? its too bad the fight was not in L.A. county, three weeks three months it would not make a difference he would never finish it. now I am wondering how is it that this was so well hushed up in hawaii? nothing like sweeping the dirt under the rug. i hope she sticks it to the airlines big time. i actually found this story on a flux.though only one major news media carried the story here just about every paper on the mainland and news station carried it. im sure it will help the tourism.

I dont' think people are defending the guy peeing, but that CDNN over-inflated the story saying it was scuba related. :shakehead:

I think we can all agree the guy deserves a good ass beating (in addition to jail).

as for the woman "sitting there minding her own business", well we don't know that either. It's very possible that she antagonized (sp?) the guy... still that doesn't warrant him pissing all over her. but no sense pissing off a drunk guy either, just let him be....

as for the airlines, I agree they bear some responsibility in serving the guy alochol to the point of him being that drunk. A druink passenger is a safety hazzard, especially in the event of an emergency landing, etc... (a drunk could not function properly to get off the plane, onto emergency slides, etc and cause delays to others getting off the plane...).

well on a plane full of witnesses all of whome agreed that the woman was not bothering the guy who was sitting behind the lady.and as you can see cdnn is not the only news media that actually ran the story. kgmb9 a hawaii station also ran the story. and it is the same story no matter where you hear it from.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Since this is more of a tops side event it has been moved to our top side "Talk Story " forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom