Safety in Jordan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gillovski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Never worry about coming to Middle East.. do not believe what you read in newspaper or see in TV/Media etc. Jordan is safer than Europe and USA... so come on over...
Diving is great too.. Aqaba - the best kept diving secret.. no mass market crowds in the water as in Egypt. Superb u/w photo opportinities great macro shots. Contact Seastar watersports - PADI 5* IDC and Above and Below Adventures for all your activities.:wink:

Hey Gillovski:

Are you just visiting or living over there now? I was there in 1994 and went to Aqaba and Petra, and it was awesome (of course diving only in Aqaba)! My home was Al Jafar Airfield working with Jordanian Special Forces. The are very humble but so professional, I often think about them and their situation these past few years. You could not find more personable military people than in Jordan.

I wish I had more time to spend over there but our Uncle had different plans for me. Anyway, if there is one Mid East place I'd voluntarily go back to, it would be Jordan. Anywhere else, well, I will not get ugly or political.

Keep us posted and +1 recommendation for Jordan.

With kind regards from North Carolina,
Thomas

agreed, but check out all dive centres for the best..........

agreed, but check out all dive centres for the best..........
Best way is to check on various travel forums for other divers comments... unless of course you make a dive in every dive centre and then decide....:) It doesn't always come down to $$$$ either.. it is what you get for those $$$ that counts...

Well sorry for late response.. Yes I am still here in Jordna .. in Aqaba.. maybe we met when you were here in 94!!
BUT... you would not recognise Aqaba now.. SO MANY changes.. sadly it has lost the "Arabic charm" Check out on internet for Saraya Aqaba.... and Tala Bay..

Diving in Aqaba is a wonderful way to spend a day or a week. Not many dive sites, but they are all great.

There are few dives sites now in Aqaba.. In 80's and 90's over 30 sites were available and all accessible from the shore.. then BIG money hotel developments started and all on the beach.. Of course money pays and the beach access was reduced.. dive centres can no longer access many sites. The Saudi Border was a magnificent wall dive ...Now it will become an industrial port! Completely destroyed.. Other sites also off limits for shore diving -appropriated by 5* Hotel developments... It seems even money here owns the sea, or vested self interests.. Such a pity.. BUT what is left is still worth seeing a vibrant Marine life, which the dive centres work hard against all odds and pressures to maintain. They do stirling work...with no asssistance or recognition..except amongst each other..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom