Halcyon inflator leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vodolaz

Reaction score
Anyone else having leaks from the inflator button only when it's fully pressed? There doesn't seem to be any sign of internal damage or o-ring problems, from what I understand.

vodolaz once bubbled...
Anyone else having leaks from the inflator button only when it's fully pressed? There doesn't seem to be any sign of internal damage or o-ring problems, from what I understand.

No.

Is this happening to you, or are you hearing it second hand?

I've noticed it over the last few weeks, but it could have been going on longer than that. It doesn't happen with a light press of the button, only on a firm blast.

I've heard that at least one other brand of BC had a similar problem as a design flaw, not an individual mechanical failure.

vodolaz once bubbled...

To date every Halcyon inflator I have seen does this. I sent the first couple of them back but the replacements did it too. I have taken several apart to see why ant it's just the way it works. When the inflate button is fully depressed the upper 0-ring is pushed beyond where it has anything to seal against and gas is allowed to pass through and exit around the button. I don't think it can lead to any real problem and have just learned to live with it.

Just to add an additional note...
My wife just reminded me that the last couple of wings that came in have a different inflator on them. I haven't checked these for the same condition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom