H2O Below trip report 4.25.09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Saturday was supposed to be a trip to the Oriskany but mother nature again did not play well with us. We changed our plans and took the group to the YDTs and Pete's Tide. The vis was not good on either but it was diving and that's better than sitting at the house. The vis was around 15 ft on the YDT and 5-10 on the Pete. The water was 66 at both. Seas were not that bad going out but coming back in was crazy! Thank goodness we were on a bigger boat and felt safe. Plus we have a great captain!

We did see the shark again on the way up the line at the end of the dive. Really he is about 5 feet and not aggressive. We also saw about 2 million spade fish, some sheephead, lots of snapper, barracubas and a couple grouper.

There are good sand dollars right now. And we saw a Florida Horse Couch that was cool. The tropicals were all very happy to see us and the queen angels and regular angels were showing off in their beautiful colors.

It was a good day of diving. Sorry no pictures, I knew we would be diving in pea soup and didn't want to waste my time.

We went out with you guys that day and had a good time. We are planning a few trips down this summer and will be calling H20 below before we call any one else. Thank you for the good trip!

My wife got a pic of the conch shell but i cant post pics on here yet.

No pictures. I was on a mission this trip. I have noticed that there were several empty spiny oyster shells down there. I was looking for the cause which I hoped was Octopus. Once back on the boat we had great conversation with some experts who said that it could be Cowries or Starfish. I hoped we could go back on Sunday for more research but the trip was called for weather. So long story no pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom