Navarre pier closing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ive been wanting to go out there as well. im free most afternoon, have exams tomorrow, tuesday, and weds. but after then i would like to go out, weather pending

I was at the Pier Friday morning and they are there with cranes and dozers tearing the old wooden pier enrance down already...... Yikes! Now let's hope we have a chance to dive it with good viz before they get into the water and stop diving!

thanks for the update. keeping my fingers crossed that some of the rubble "accidentally" gets left behind, and that the pier will be closed at night so we can still dive it.

Ugh! This is terrible news! This is one of the quick get away places I have been using for the last year. I live in New Orleans, and it was easy and convenient to get out here for a day of diving and drive home that evening as it is only 3.5 hours away from home (New Orleans has nothing to dive). Any other recommendations for something as similar and convenient?

Shore dives aren't the best right now because of all the rain we had recently but it is getting better daily!

Last edited:
Ugh! This is terrible news! This is one of the quick get away places I have been using for the last year. I live in New Orleans, and it was easy and convenient to get out here for a day of diving and drive home that evening as it is only 3.5 hours away from home (New Orleans has nothing to dive). Any other recommendations for something as similar and convenient?

Ft. Pickens (Pensacola) is due to open Memorial Day weekend. It has a good shore dive, but it is semi-tide dependent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom