FS Citizen Aqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
A friend of mine has asked me to sell his Citizen Aqualand, which he received as a gift.

It's the same as this one, for sale on ebay for $289

Citizen Aqualand-II Titanium 200M Pro-Diver JP1030-02E - eBay (item 350194588772 end time May-24-09 23:26:52 PDT)

It's a year old, but unused, and comes with the manual.

The only reason he wants to get rid of it is that the friend never checked whether the watch was set for metric or imperial when measuring depth.

Needlees to say, he wants metric, and it's set for imperial (feet).

Yours, shipping included for $225.

If I'm not mistaken this moddel is only available in metric?!?

I was looking at these a while back and I don't believe they are available in imperial or US measurements. Can you confirm?

If I'm not mistaken this moddel is only available in metric?!?

I was looking at these a while back and I don't believe they are available in imperial or US measurements. Can you confirm?

I do not know about current availability but they were in the past. I have one that is Imperial and have had it for about 6 years.

John

Watch still available and price dropped to $200, shipping included.

Pictures of the actual watch?

Here you go...

IMG_2364.jpg

Edit: - Just noticed that those look like scratches on the glass - they're not, just my grubby fingerprints!

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

To any perspective buyer. I have owned this same watch for about 4 years. Except for having to replace the battery it has been a great dive watch. I use it for backup and to record the dive data such as depth, time and temp which it will do for the last 4 dives. The only things I would change to make it better would be:

1) Allow the ascent alarm to be shut off. It is set for 30ft per minute but a quick movement of your arm up will often cause it to beep several time and everyone around you will be looking around wondering who's alarm is going off.
2) Allow the maximum depth rating of the watch also be the displayed depth. The watch can be taken deeper than the display will read. I think it stops around 80M which is fine for recreational dives but not technical.

A perspective buyer might also ask to seller what the code is on the back of the watch. A quick check of the code will allow you to determine the date of manufacture. The watch I purchased actually was manufactured about 4 years earlier than the date I bought it. That's not a problem it just means the battery might need to be changed.

OH also on that note. They recommend that you send it back to a Citizen Repair center to have the battery changed. Doing so will cost your alot. I do not remember exactly but around $100+ for the change and the pressure test. I have had the battery change by the local mall kiosk that sell watches, batteries with issue provided they have a pressure checking chamber that will take the watch down to the pressure I expect to be diving. The cost in under $10 and it has worked without issue.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom