Dive Report: Navarre Beach Pier 24 Apr 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Went to Navarre Pier to try and get a few dives here before construction begins and they close down the Pier for Diving. Met up with BellaBeachGirl at about 6:45AM to be sure we splashed before High Tide. Upon arrival I noticed the Cranes were in the parking lot and a chain link fence has been constructed on the West Side of the Parking lot to keep people out of the contruction zone. The construction crew is already busy tearing down the Old wooden Pier which leads out to the water, and it looked as though they were making quick work of it.:shakehead:
We splashed at 0730 after we corrected some weight issues for Bella (Thank God for those Trim Weights I carry) We made our way down along the Pier and the Viz was less than enjoyable at about 5 feet or so, but once under the pier it seemed to be a bit better as it normally is out to maybe 8 feet. But once away from the pier and into the rubble it dropped to about 1 foot. I was keeping a real close eye on Bella so I moved us back under the pier to finish the dive. I saw a cobia move in a out of the pier structure as did Bella and I saw one Ray take off about 2 feet in front of us. We went to the end of the Per and then made our way back slowly. Otherwise not much to report. The dive was very relaxing but with bad viz. Bella did an awesome job in the low viz and we exited after 25 minutes with a max depth of 20 feet and water temp of 68*.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom