Dive Report: PCB - St. Andrews Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hetland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Woke up at Vortex Saturday morning to find JHayes75 waiting on me with a still-hot ham and egg sammich! We hit the road and soon arrived at St. Andrews park. The gates were still closed when we got there, so we had a bit of a wait, but it was a beautiful day, so we had little to complain about. Once in the park we spotted a medium sized whitetail doe munching some greens on the side of the road.

At the beach we suited up and headed for the sand. It was a bit breezy as well, and there was a tiny bit of chop in the pass, but nothing to slow us down. Once we cleared the wall, I began to worry. Vis was maybe four feet :confused: but once we cleared the thermocline things opened up a bit, and maxed at about twenty five feet. Sadly, the twenty five we had was pretty much saturated with sand, so video was out of the question, and I knew I'd be wasting my time with photos too, but I tried anyway. We went North for about 30 yards, but things were progressively worse as we went, so we tried South with better results. We tooled around between 50ft and 60ft for about 15 minutes, then steadily worked our way up into the 30's for a while before turning back. Viz improved a bit on the way back. Despite 2-3 classes in the area, we never encountered another diver on the outside of the rocks.

We hit the beach, and re-hydrated. We both knew that conditions would only worsen over time, so we talked ourselves out of a second tank and headed back to SpringFest.

Dive Details
Water Temp: 66F
Splash Time: 8:07
Bottom Time: 58 Min.
Average Depth: 27 Feet
Maximum Depth: 60 Feet

Photos
IMG_18791.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_18641.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_17901.jpg

IMG_18581.jpg

IMG_18541.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

Those are some splendid Blenny shots and the Burrfish standing on end is a real treat. I think your wife will put your photos on the top shelf now!

Thanks for the report

Sounds like that breakfast was the best part. :wink:

I am sure ready for some better conditions offshore and on beach dives.

Back
Top Bottom