Which Port for Zuiko 9-18mm lens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeedToGetWet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning on purchasing Olympus' Zuiko 9-18mm WA lens soon. But of course I want to make sure it'll be compatible in my Ikelite Housing (currently using my Zuiko 14-42mm lens) ... so ... how can I set it up? Thanks for the help !!!

We have not "hand-tested" this lens yet, but based on available information, I believe it will function in the Ikelite port system.
I would recommend 8" dome port #5510.45. You will need to determine the "fully extended" lens length and refer to our modular port page to select the correct port body. NOTE: Do NOT rely on Olympus website specs in order to determine the fully extended lens length. The Olympus site only gives you lens length at the "infinity" setting.

I wrote to Olympus and asked what the actual (vs the infinity length) length was for the 9-18 and the 14-42 .... here was their response:

"The length of the 9-18mm at 18mm is 77mm.
The length of the 14-42 at 42mm is 89mm.

Regards,
Olympus Imaging America, Inc."

Does this help you making the determination (for me) of what exact set up I should use? I already use the 8" dome for my existing 14-42 lens.

Thanks again!

Thank you Brett!!! That's perfect!

PS ... Kudos to Ikelite and your customer service too!!! I did a couple of silly things with my equipment recently and the way I was handled was awesome!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom