For Sale: Fourth Element SubX (SubXero) Undersuit (Salopette and Jacket) for Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoagent101

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
For Sale: Fourth Element SubX (SubXero) Undersuit (Salopette and Jacket) for Drysuit Diving.

I used these once in Antarctica this past season. These are incredibly warm, but I do find them to be more insulation than I need. As I have natural insulation (some call it blubber!), I can get away with using Fourth ElementÃÔ less-heavy undersuits, the Arctic series. These SubXero garments can be used for topside insulation also.

Both are size XL. The Salopette is XL Short. Selling the jacket for US $140, and the salopette for US $120. Shipping in the US is free with the above prices; overseas at cost.

I do accept Paypal or personal checks (checks must clear, which can take up to two weeks). Shipping will be via UPS Ground, Fedex Ground, or other means mutually agreed upon.
I am located near Monterey, California.

More information on the salopette and the jacket on the sheets below and at Fourth Element's website. I'd giveyou the website, but as a new member to ScubaBoard, I am told: "You are only allowed to post URLs after you have made 5 posts or more.

Contact Norb at email: temp4_at_norbertwu.com if you are interested.

From Fourth ElementÃÔ website:
The SubXero has been developed for use underneath membrane and trilaminate drysuits and all independent testers have rated it as the warmest undersuit they have tried.

Windproof, and waterproof. the suit consists of a jacket and salopette or 'farmer john' giving maximum protection to the body core. It will also continue to provide thermal protection if it becomes wet, either by a leak or more fundamental suit failure.

The outer material is a trilaminate material comprising a nylon/polyester outer and microfibre inner, bonded to a breathable, but waterproof membrane. The inner material is a 400g shearling fleece, which provides high performance thermal protection and wicks moisture away from the skin.

The SubXero has been designed with the dive and the surface interval in mind. Practical pockets double as vents during the dive to help prevent air being trapped in the suit, cuffs at the wrists and ankles are adjustable and a large vented patch on the arm has a wind proof backing to prevent windchill when not wearing a drysuit, but allowing air to escape from the auto dump when diving.

Reviews on these items from Scubaboard can be found on the forums (I'd give you the website, but as a new member to ScubaBoard, I am told: "You are only allowed to post URLs after you have made 5 posts or more.:"
Here are some quotes:

Ive done about 15 dives in mine now. Its a lot warmer than my weezle extreme. I can go about 50 mins now without getting chilly as opposed to 20.

One thing though - it does require a LOT of lead to sink. Roughly 4kg more than my old weezle.

I got to dive one of the new 2 piece SubXero undersuits last weekend on a Shipwreck Adventures charter. We did nearly an hour dive in 39 degree water. I was definitely warmer than I was during the identical dive last weekend (I usually layer a DC TPS thinsulate extreme with thin fleece long underwear). The suit seems to be very well made, with some nice details added. There are velcro adjustments on both wrists and ankles with stirrups built into the feet as well and a 2 way zipper in the farmer john pants for easy use of a P-valve. They should be available from Shipwreck Adventures by the end of the week. Sign up for a charter and you may get to demo a suit . Mine should be in by Friday!

Attachments

• fourth element composite.jpg
    fourth element composite.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom