Confusion about the new S-series wing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

njclifford

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy,

I am in Australia, and have been looking at a Hollis kit for a few weeks through my LDS.

Was looking at the Elite, SS BP, S38 and a STA. That was until I saw the NEW S-38.

With the new S-series I was under the assumption that I would not need an STA.

HOWEVER, speaking to my LDS, I am advised that I still will need an STA, because the tank will still roll around due to the angles of the Hollis BP... In addition to this, I am told that they will not be released to Australia until a few months!!!

I am confused... I mentioned these posts from Nick H regarding not needing the STA anymore, and was met with a look of confusion from the LDS guy.

Also, I mentioned that I prefer the steel Cam straps, and he says he cannot source them......

Please someone give advice on this situation! Essentially what I want to know, is can I run a single rig setup with JUST the Elite, cam straps, SS BP and NEW S-38 wing???

Thanks,

Nick (not Hollis... )

I too have been wondering about the stability of the new 'S' Series wing, especially with a 15l cylinder.......:popcorn:

Thanks for the questions guys.

There might be some confusion on the new S-Series wing. The added cam slots are to allow use of our backplate and wing without STA. Your local Hollis dealer in AUS might not have gotten this version yet.

NJClifford, short answer to your question is yes. It works great and provides an excellent platform for a single tank. Put the debate to rest and go try it!! :wink:

OK, I will definately be getting it then... THANKS

But he did also mention they are not available in Aus for a few months?? I really love the look of the Elite, and want my gear ASAP!!

Please tell me that down under can get the new S38 earlier than that?

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom