ReactPro - Microsoft Jet Error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sanjac

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I have a React Pro and had installed 2.0.0b of the software. WOrked okay - some bugs, but it ran and downloaded the data okay. Now I get the following error every time I run the GCI... Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'UNITS_OF_MEASUREMENT'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

I reinstalled the GCI program (after uninstalling it first) and even went through the Microsoft diagnositcs to make sure it was okay. The only thing I can think it might have been is when I tried out the SharkPoint divelog software. It had many errors and I had to uninstall it.

Any idea what the error could mean and what I need to do to fix it?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Jim

I appreciate the head's up. I hope your experience isn't indicative of the norm. I have all Sherwood, Genesis, and Aeris gear and would hate to think the reps don't care enough to reply.

There is a new version of the software now available on the Genesis Scuba website, Welcome to Genesis Scuba!, that addresses your issue. Please uninstall your current version of the software and install the new version that was posted today.

Genesis Rep.

Thank you. I'll download it and give it a try and let you know how it works out.

I downloaded the update and had problems installing it.

I uninstalled the old version and deleted the folder GENESIS in the Programs folder. I then installed the new version. It appeared to go okay. It installed, then I clicked the Quit button (with run program checked). I then received an error of "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." It then asks me for an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "GENESIS Computer Interface.msi. I searched my entire HD for this file, but could not find it. If I cancelled the dialog box, I got the error "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product "GENESIS Computer Interface. The Windows installer cannot continue. I then click Okay and I get a "Fatal error during installation."

Thank you for following up on it.

Correct file was posted this morning. Please download new file and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Genesis Rep.

I downloaded it and it works great! Thanks.

One other question - I have two dive computers - an Aeris T3 and a Genesis React Pro. They use the same basic software, but apparently enough differences that the data logs are not compatible with each others programs. I would like to combine the two data bases so I have a single dive log. Is there a way to export/import or combine the two data logs?

It appears both programs export to text (and DL7 in the case of the Aeris program) and import MS Access data bases. Can the text files be imported into MS Access, then imported into the Genesis (or Aeris) program? I tried to open the dive logs in Access but nothing shows up in the data base, so I don't know how the structure is set up within each dive program.

Would you be able to shed any light on this?

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom